SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the situation. I have a good chunk of money saved for my car right now. I have a check ready for my new motor. I have a check written for AGX's. I am also looking for a new exhaust. Ok, I am ready right? Wrong. I need springs. I really really want the GroundControl setup...But, my banker (wife) doesnt want me spending $450 bucks right now for the springs. I have a few options I can do. 1.) Get the AGX's put them on with stock springs until I can save again for the GC's. 2.) Buy Intrax springs now, and save for GC still. 3.) Buy HKS springs, and..still save for GC's. 3.) Screw the exhaust and get the AGX/GC setup. Any ideas? Im kinda stuck on what I should do. Thanks

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

[This message has been edited by kbslacker (edited 05-11-2001).]

·
0 Posts
ditch the wife and get the kit!!!!!
JUST KIDDING.
I dont know crap about suspension, but good luck!!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
I have a few options I can do. 1.) Get the AGX's put them on with stock springs until I can save again for the GC's. 2.) Buy Intrax springs now, and save for GC still. 3.) Buy HKS springs, and..still save for GC's. 3.) Screw the exhaust and get the AGX/GC setup. Any ideas? Im kinda stuck on what I should do. Thanks
</font>
Well... if you're going to get GC's, then why waste money on getting conventional aftermarket lowering springs? If you really want that exhaust, get the exhaust, get the AGX's, worry about the GC's later. Shocks are the second biggest improvement you could do to the suspension (behind tires and alignment.) Springs are somewhere below that. You'll be happy with the AGX's, and it'll hold you over until you can get GC's. However, if I were you, I'd say screw the exhaust and get the GC's with the AGX's. The G20 stock exhaust system is pretty good as it is. I'd save that for later (like the last bolt-on I'd do.)

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R w/stuff
1993 NX2000 w/o stuff

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just get the intrax springs for now, my bro had them on his nx and they were great, especially for the price. and im sure you would have no problem selling them when you get what you want.

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake, clear bumper lenses and more to come!!!!!

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
dont get intrax springs they suck, i have them. they go to low for my nx. have to be carfull what you dive over with them, and my exsaust tip scrapes when coming out of parkades and what not. 2" to low

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
What kind of exhaust are you after. A geat improvement at a good price is to swap out the "super small" flex pipe with at least a 2inch and install a straight through muffler 2inch or 2 1/4. These are the most restrictive parts on these exhaust systems. Any good muffler shop could do all of that for a cheap price. This moves the power band up the rev table a bit and really helps with throttle responce. Other wise I say do the shocks now and save for what you really want, the GC springs. To save a little time and money if you are not going to do the install your self, get the full shock/spring setup you want right away. Install it all at once.

[This message has been edited by cossie (edited 05-10-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
stop whining you ***! boo hoo! try to have a monkey pee on my car! you focker!

------------------
92 nx2000 - im good enough, im smart enough, and dogonnit, poeple like me!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You mean like this?

------------------

Kris94G20™
The Beginning.

[This message has been edited by kbslacker (edited 05-11-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
2 can play at this!

------------------

[This message has been edited by crazyNXracer (edited 05-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by crazyNXracer (edited 05-11-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
you changed all of pics you bastard, damn moderator!

------------------

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
I'm guessing your opting for the ricer Intrax springs because Eibach doesn't make them for G20's? Just a guess.....</font>
hehe, well. I wouldnt mind the HKS, but that is half of a set of GC's. Intrax I can get at 160 plus shipping. So..I dont know. I may end up picking straws. Most people say screw the exhaust, but...I dont know. My exhaust has a small leak in it now anywyas, but who knows. Either way, It will be all good.

------------------

Kris94G20™
The Beginning.

G

·
0 Posts
blah blah blah

------------------

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I'm running AGXs under stock springs until I get the money up for GCs also. Handles great (better than lowering springs) and rides well. I'd just wait to get GCs and run stock springs in the meantime.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
I'm guessing your opting for the ricer Intrax springs because Eibach doesn't make them for G20's? Just a guess.....</font>
Whatchu talkin bout dude. Eibach does too make stuff for g20's?

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I have a few options I can do.
1.) Get the AGX's put them on with stock springs until I can save again for the GC's.
2.) Buy Intrax springs now, and save for GC still.
3.) Buy HKS springs, and..still save for GC's.
4.) Screw the exhaust and get the AGX/GC setup. Any ideas?</font>
Yea, 1 or 4. Don't waste your time with 2 or 3.
I would pick 4.

[This message has been edited by jacen99SE (edited 05-14-2001).]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts