SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of Ground controls in my 91 SE-R the only thing is they sqeek ALOT is this normal? The only reason I installed them is because I just had them sitting around. so,I decided to see what there all about.. Is there a way to stop them from sqeeking?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Well, my AGX's squeak like hell in the cold weather, but since your in Sunny California, I'm not sure.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at
Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
I have them on my SE and they are *very* quiet. It's all in the install. How did you mount the threaded collar to the strut body? Using the o-rings? Or did you use the So-Cal SERCA racer tape trick? Did you grease where the top hat touches the upper spring perch? Just remember this, wherever metal touches metal and no lube is applied, it's gonna squeak.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
In the 2 days I've had mine on, I've found the front to be squeek-free, but the rear to be just a carnival of squeeks and rattles. Some of it is the Addco rear sway bar I installed. But I think some of it is also the GC bushing they provide for the rear. It also appears to do it more when it's cold in the mornings since yesterday afternoon I could *almost* hear my radio

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Matt, did you try greasing everything up like I suggested in the other post? I think that would definitely help your situation out.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I sprayed some silicone on the swaybar bushings and that got rid of about half the squeeks. I know that won't last very long though. I didn't have time to take everything apart again, so I'm going to live with it for a while. I needed to get it to the shop for an alignment before an autocross this weekend. And after it warms up, it's tolerable.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts