SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sick SE-L
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, not many ppl dont talk about jgycustoms products, wat does every one think of their products? cuz im thinkin about buying a clutch and flywheel but not sure of their quality

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Search it up, you'll find both sides. Some people love it, some people think its crap. Personally, I wouldn't use anything except ACT or JWT.

YMMV.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have never came across a shop that lost in my life. I'll pay more just so I wont have to deal with those shady people again.

·
Registered
606 Posts
i got good results from them.

·
Im all about the 4x4
1,692 Posts
ive baught from the about 6 times

i got there:

6 puck clutch
2 of the 8 lb flywheels
2 of there nismo FPR
there fuel rail
72lb injectors
255 fuel pump
BC stage 2 cams
greddy type rs BOV
injector resistors
BC stage 3 cams with valve train ( i just ordered waiting on there new 4 peice underdrive pully set to come out )

there tech support is good and there customer service is nice and ive never had any problems. however u do have to mod the clutch bracket with there clutches which is not a big deal, but there good clutches.

ive baught alot more from them, thats just off the top of my head

·
da champ is here
533 Posts
never had a problem with them

·
Technician @ Toyota
2,852 Posts
IMHO they are the worst company ever .... search it up .. its not worth taking the risk ,just call gofastdepot.com or ask gspec.com .

·
da champ is here
533 Posts
IMHO they are the worst company ever .... search it up .. its not worth taking the risk ,just call gofastdepot.com or ask gspec.com .

so tell us about some of your bad experiences with jgy.

·
Im all about the 4x4
1,692 Posts
ive never had a problem and ive had orders that been over $1200 from them

my first few was small and they took care of me, when they said they would call me back they did and when i was doing a few things they would email me a quote, and they also emailed me the tracking number.

the only thing i dont like is they use ups and i hate ups. But i like JGYs tech support alot, plus about a half a year ageo i got a forge BOV and when i got it i did not like the setup of it and they took it back without a problem and refunded me right away.

I usually deal with pam and shes great and there going to be having there own line of underdrive pullys soon and from what i hear there going to be price better then the Unortordox raceing pulleys.

·
Technician @ Toyota
2,852 Posts
there has been a discussion on jgy time and time again on this forum ... im surprised none of the mods have come to shut this thread down ... every time there is a thread about jgy it gets shut down which is great cause i cant stand there lack of customer relations and their craftsmanship...

i ordered and had to get into a legal dispute about a turbo kit with them over the course of over a year with them .

dont take my word for it if you want... im sure there are many who just look at this thread and say ahh f%ck it i aint posting on a another jgy thread , if the buyer didnt search and do his/her research on that company then let them get what they want.

·
Technician @ Toyota
2,852 Posts
Have never came across a shop that lost in my life. I'll pay more just so I wont have to deal with those shady people again.
:biggthump :biggthump

·
Im all about the 4x4
1,692 Posts
there has been a discussion on jgy time and time again on this forum ... im surprised none of the mods have come to shut this thread down ... every time there is a thread about jgy it gets shut down which is great cause i cant stand there lack of customer relations and their craftsmanship...

i ordered and had to get into a legal dispute about a turbo kit with them over the course of over a year with them .

dont take my word for it if you want... im sure there are many who just look at this thread and say ahh f%ck it i aint posting on a another jgy thread , if the buyer didnt search and do his/her research on that company then let them get what they want.
i had a problem with hpautoworks , they took my money or ksports and promiss to ship them out that monday, 3 weeks later i get the same info its coming in and well ship out asap, so i said forget it, i want a refund, so 4 weeks later after allmost calling the cops on them and going to the post master and calling hpautoworks many times with the saying our bank is a little slow at getting refunds they said they would over night me a check because if they did not id personaly make there life a living hell, now if they sent a refund in how would they stop it on a credit card? maybe they never did and there being dicks.

and theres people that backed them up but then again there was another guy who went threw the samething i did.

maybe i donot have a problem with them because i buy many items all the time from them, that might be the reasion, who knows maybe there was a funk up, i work in a bodyshop as a estimator and 1 out of every 20 thinks we funked them over somehow and there unhappy and no matter what we do there never happy. that might be this case.

all i know is if u talk to pam she will take care of u.

·
da champ is here
533 Posts
same here never had a problem with jgy, i've ordered like 15 times since i owned my b13 and never had a complaint. maybe i'm one of the lucky people

·
it is what it is!
3,334 Posts
hmm all the positive stories are coming through in this thread....no personal experience here, but i have read too many poor experience threads to risk my time and money with them.

i deal with greg v @ Gspec mostly. never had an issue with him!!! top notch in customer service and satisfaction.....IMO

·
Best of both world's!
770 Posts
I bought a few products from JGY and I personally think that their customer service sucks and they do not back their products. I bought one of their 6 puck clutches and within a month and a half if came apart. They came up with every excuse in the book about the clutch and tried to sell me another one instead of replacing the pos! Never will buy from them again!!!

Go with ACT or Clutchnet, better bang for your buck! I bought ACT after this ordeal.

Here are some pics of the clutch before and after... Most of the inner springs were gone. Everything was ground to dust. Funny thing was I never heard any noise from it, the pedal just went faint in the end.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Im all about the 4x4
1,692 Posts
ive got the same clutch the 6 puck clutch in both my 93 se-r and my 92 nx2000 now and no problems, i do get a little chatter, when i press the clutch in i get a little noise.

·
Technician @ Toyota
2,852 Posts

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
so tell us about some of your bad experiences with jgy.
they sent me an IC and piping setup that looked like it had been dragged down the street behind a truck. The IC leaked and the piping was tiny and crush bent.

JGY is a lier, a thief, and has no morals. He cares for no one but himself.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
i hate jgy.

ive made threads about their horrible products before.

search

ide punch him in the face

1 - 20 of 22 Posts