SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 16 in motegi mr-7 gun metal rims...does ne one know if there is any precautions i should take when cleaning them..?does it matter what car wash i use. ? if i wax them will they be ok? is there a place that has gun metal touch up paint for rims for scratches..?

------------------
[email protected] vtec

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Waxing is a good idea. I usually wax my rims before they go away for the winter every year.

Using sprays, especially Castrol degreaser, etc., isn't a good idea. It can wreck the finish.

Just keep a second sponge for doing the lower areas of the car and for the rims, and do them with the same suds that you wash the rest of the car with.

As for touch-up paint, do you have scratches already, or do you think you're going to get them? If you're really careful, you won't need to worry about that. I've had my Volks for 3 summers now, and I'm just extra careful when I'm parking, and they're fine, and look the same as when I got them.

It also helps that my tires have rim protectors (a sort of extra lip around the bead of the tires by the rim, when would save the rim from being kerbed in inept parking attempts)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts