SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, tonight in my '98 Sentra SE while trying to get up my snowy driveway (the tires were spinning) my ABS light suddenly came on. I have no idea if this had anything to do with my lack of traction but I was really spinning 'em hard trying to go up the incline.

Do I have to reset the ECU to get rid of the light? I have no idea. Help please

Some more info....the ABS has engaged several times the past week with the icy roads, if that matters.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Hey Storm, I had this problem last winter with my G20. If it was icey out, my car would tend to slide when stopping and I noticed that after I applied the brake my ABS light would come on. I was told by a tech at Infiniti that the ABS sensors freeze up from time to time in cold weather, allowing for this to happen. After that spell of bad weather I never had this problem again. Scary! I thought my breaks were failing.

Nigel
Hampton VA
95/G20t/auto

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 12-24-2000).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok good, thanks for the info. Hopefully that is the problem. Question though, did the light go off by itself?

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
when spinning the front wheels a bunch and the car not moving it's not unusual for those w/abs to get an abs light. this is what the guy at the dyno told me when i asked him why mine came on while pulling on the dyno. after pulling off the dyno it went out though.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...interesting. Did the guy give a reason for it going on? Thanks

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey good news for anyone that read this thread, the ABS light went out by itself. Who knows.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts