SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with my ABS...It doesn't work. I recently put brake fluid in, so that is not the problem. The "ANTILOCK" light does come on after i have driven for a while. At first there was a grinding sound coming from the front BEFORE they stopped working, then a couple days ago they stopped working entirely. What could be wrong?

------------------
91 Classic SE-R

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did id grind all the time or just under braking? I can't imagine it being involved with the ABS system anyway- it's likely an electrical issue. Where in Maine do you live?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Make that "Did it grind..." Damn the caffine!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sounds like a bad ABS sensor, my front left sensor when bad and it acted similarly.

The fix (for me anyway): Disable ABS and live with that annoying light.

------------------
-----------Josh
'93 NX2000
not quite stock

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lance:
Did id grind all the time or just under braking? Where in Maine do you live?</font>
It only made the grinding sound when I put on the brakes. And I live in central Maine.

------------------
91 Classic SE-R

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ebola:
I am having a problem with my ABS...It doesn't work. I recently put brake fluid in, so that is not the problem. The "ANTILOCK" light does come on after i have driven for a while. At first there was a grinding sound coming from the front BEFORE they stopped working, then a couple days ago they stopped working entirely. What could be wrong?

</font>

Here is what you do. Go over to the passengers side kick panel under the glovebox next to the door. Take it off. Start the car. Drive it. After like 5 minutes driving pull over. Do not turn the car off. Look at the flashes on the box.
This is the description of which sensor is bad:

Led flashes-
1=Left front solinoid circuit
2=right "" "" ""
3=Both
5=Left front wheel sensor
6=right "" "" ""
7=right rear sensor
8=left rear
9=motor and relay motor
10=solenoid valve relay
15=sensor rotor16=Control Unit
Off=power and ground

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have fixed the problem. It was a faulty connection. Thank you to everyone who replied.

------------------
91 Classic SE-R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts