SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need opinions,

I have nx2k and I use it only for the track, I have to refresh my brakes hoses, and am curious about the utility to keep the abs controller.

Someone could told if they ever experienced to remore this heavy and non fonctionnal thing ?

Thanks

Alex

·
Captain Slow
149 Posts
viensal said:
I need opinions,

I have nx2k and I use it only for the track, I have to refresh my brakes hoses, and am curious about the utility to keep the abs controller.

Someone could told if they ever experienced to remore this heavy and non fonctionnal thing ?

Thanks

Alex
Unfortunately I've never done it on a SR20 powered Sentra so I can't give specifics, but for the cars I've helped prepare/repair the process usually involved draining the brake system, the physical removal of the unit, cutting of a few hoses, and the reattachment (rerouting) of the hoses with metal fittings. Depending on the location of the unit it could be a few hours worth of work or a few days worth of work. If you decide to go through with it, good luck. The total weight savings are usually around 10lbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reverm said:
Unfortunately I've never done it on a SR20 powered Sentra so I can't give specifics, but for the cars I've helped prepare/repair the process usually involved draining the brake system, the physical removal of the unit, cutting of a few hoses, and the reattachment (rerouting) of the hoses with metal fittings. Depending on the location of the unit it could be a few hours worth of work or a few days worth of work. If you decide to go through with it, good luck. The total weight savings are usually around 10lbs.

Thanks for the advise, but I have to changes every hoses anyway... Another question, does it exist a direct fit belt for sr20 if I want to remove the a/c compressor ?

·
Captain Slow
149 Posts
viensal said:
Thanks for the advise, but I have to changes every hoses anyway... Another question, does it exist a direct fit belt for sr20 if I want to remove the a/c compressor ?
If your local Gates distributor doesn't have it (yes, they sometimes they list belt lengths for cars that were never sold in a particular configuration. Go figure), you can just put a string around the pulleys and measure the length that you need. Belts are sized by length so they can usually get what you want/need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts