SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to recharge my ac in my 200sx se-r, I was just wandering the average price that you all have spent or can you buy the kit to do it your self.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Go to pepboys and buy a recharge kit. It costs about 20-30 dollars and is quite easy to do. Just make sure that your kit comes with a gauage so that you do not overcharge the system. Hope this helps.
GT

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe there is a couple different kits though. Do you know which kit our cars use? like a part number or something?

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's a very easy process. R134 refrigerant is comes with standard fittings, just but a kit with for that stuff and you're good to go. Attached the line to the low side of your system, turn the air on full blast and start recharging till your at the optimum pressure. Nothing to it. (For the record, my 98 SE-R uses R134 I'm not sure about other models, do not mix them up, I won't be responsible for any damages to your cars or yourselves)
GT

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im holding you responsible for any f- up that may happen.

thanks for the info, ill give do it over the weekend and let you guys know.

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
I bought the "retrofit kit" it has some sort of different fittings in it.. Mine is a 93 NX, so I figure it must be R12, I don't thinkm they had R134 back then.

I remember reading somewhere about needing to do a vacuum on the system before charging, do we need that, or just literally open the can and fill it up?

I'll be tackling mine soon, since the window switches are broken and its already hitting the 80s here.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Have fun finding R12 (Freon) anywhere in the U.S. besides the black market!

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Why? R12 is perfectly legal to buy, own, use, and sell. It is not legal to produce it anymore however. There is still a lot of the stuff around but its very expensive compared to what it was before the production ban.

Tomcat5678 said:
Have fun finding R12 (Freon) anywhere in the U.S. besides the black market!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Everyone around here must have beat me to the punch because it is hard to find around here when I was looking for it. Now I just have 134a so I stopped looking for it. If you can find some for a decent price buy extra just in case the price skyrockets for some reason again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts