SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Well Foggy night tonight, mixed with light rain, slick roads, and 90* turns. Here's the outcome. What do you think, Part it out, or fix. Honestly doesnt seem to be a bad fix, the front suspension was torn to hell, driver side control arm bent back toward fender, Not sure on the passanger side yet, seems okay. But from the pics you can definatly see a trip to the body shop is in order. Or is it?

Let me know.

Oh, and no one was hurt. Just a little shaken, first time ive ever been that high in the air on two wheels.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
If you can fix it and the frame isn't bent then try to fix it. Good luck and glad you are okay.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
How rusty are the rockers?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paNX2K&SE-R said:
How rusty are the rockers?
about 50% rusted on passanger side, about 25% rusted on drivers side

I pulled the wheel well off on the pass side to take a look at why my alternator belt came off. Looks like the a/c pulley is bent and fractured. So I bought a new belt before knowing this. Doesnt look like a new belt will be all that i need.

So with that said, anyone got an a/c clutch with pulley or just the pulley, and two (left and right) a-frames for the front?

Also I ordered a remand left cv joint from autozone while i was there.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
if you could clean it and get it in the sunlight for us to see the damage. i can't really see much. looks like a door and pulling out a rocker and a cv shaft maybe

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly its up on 4 jackstands I really cant take it off, cause ive already started ripping apart the front suspension.

On the pic that shows the driver side damage, that dent is pretty far in. When I was up on two wheels, the first boulder I hit, I hit again when I slammed into the 2nd boulder flipping me up on my driver side two wheels. So the entire weight of the car was on that boulder and smashed in the rear quarter before the gas door, and after the drivers door. How would that be fixed, its part of the roof. Not like I can just unbolt it like a front fender.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ex body guy here: Aftermarket body parts are pretty reasonable but the quarter panel and rockers have to be cut off and new ones welded in. If it runs strong look for a car that needs an engine/trans and swap it. Your looking at a lot of work on your car. PS My 92ser was recently hit in the rear . Estimate was 1800 and ins co totaled the car

·
-John-
690 Posts
I'd say fix it or sell it to someone who can. If insurance will cover you than maybe you could just find another and sell that one....it doesn't seem nearly bad enough to part out unless there is unrepairable frame damage which is unnoticable. Regardless of what you decide good luck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im going to go ahead and get it driveable. My uncle is luckily a body man, and I will have him see what he thinks it will cost to repair the body. The frame is still in good condish.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The SE-R is back on the road. Finally tonight 12:00am exactly, I finished the front end. Getting an alignment tomorrow morning. New control arm, autozone cv axle, new drivers side caliper (replacing for AF22's when 16" rota grids come in)
Unfortunatly I still have a shitty body. I'm going to take it around town to get some quotes. Everyone Ive talked to so far has said I will have to cut the rear quarter panel off and weld a new one on. Along with the rockers. Fun stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good luck keep us posted on the prices you get on the body. thes cars are fun to drive but remember how much they are really worth . I had 1800 damage on a rear hit. Ins Co totaled the car, gave me a check for1400 and let me keep the car!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha luckily I dont have the 5th gear popout prob.. Hrm.. as I cruise the boards im looking at the sunny bumper cover. Since I need a new one anyway. LoL its a sign.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts