SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,the rebuild of my gti-r is going on and i now look for a set of rods and main bearings to complete the work
the engine will be rebuilded with je pistons,pauter rods,jun cams and valve springs and more...looking for 450bhp.
should i go for acl race bearings or nissan items?
any info appreciated1
thanks
David

·
slamed150
1,380 Posts
also wondering

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
Nismo bearings are good as well but sourcing them in Italy might be a problem.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
im thinking about using acl for the mains, and oem for the rods, im still debating, im going to do some measuring

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
keep in mind you have a GTiR which has the holes for 360* lubrication. If ACL makes them for the SR20, I doubt they would be for the GTiR version.

If ACL makes GTiR specific SR20 bearings then I would think theyd be a suitable substitute. If not stick w/ the OEM Nissan ones for your GTiR block to take advantage of the 360* lube feature...

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
Im referring to the main bearings. or the crankshaft bearings...

GTiR Main bearings have more holes in them than regular DE/DET main bearings. Also if you look on the bare journals of a GTiR block you will see they have more holes than a DE/DET block. This is a common upgrade done to DE/DET blocks that go turbo, much like the piston squirter mod.

I have doen this top 3 blocks

·
Out of business
863 Posts
Calico are just coated acl's,bought a set of trimetal coated, well actualy 2 sets to make up 1 for my setup last week, they do have for the gtir, its the one thats 19mm wide, they wont specify it will say for DET,but that is what you want for the GTIR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts