SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, since I am looking to purchase a new cluthc here in the near future, I was wondering if anybody else wanted to go in on a group buy type of thing? I have a friend who is a distributer for ACT, and he is giving me a clutch at a pretty good price. I asked him if he would mind if I posted those prices here, and he said that was fine. You would need to find the clutch you want here The clutch I am getting is #NX9-HDMM he said alone, I will pay $318 plus shipping. crazyNXracer, asked about a clutch, the one he was looking at was #NX9-HDR6, for that one, he said $321 plus shipping. The more purchased at once, the more he can save on shipping, and maybe get the price lowered a tad bit. If anyone is interested let me know. Or, if these prices still seem way high, out of wack, or a rip off, I guess you can let me know too.

------------------

Kris94G20™

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm in!! My clutch is SOOooo bad! I can't even stomp on the gas with out it slipping. I shouldn't complain tho its the original clutch w/101,000 miles

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

[This message has been edited by Bwilsor (edited 04-25-2001).]

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bwilsor:
I'm in!! My clutch is SOOooo bad! I can't even stomp on the gas with out it slipping. I shouldn't complain tho its the original clutch w/101,000 miles

</font>
I have 130k on my stock clutch
I will wait a few days, and set up a final date.

------------------

Kris94G20™

·
Registered
194 Posts
grrrrr... group deals always come when I'm broke... won't have money for another 2 weeks and in need of a clutch... oh well...

Mel

·
Registered
705 Posts
I M in DEFINATELY!!!! Need clutch...baaaddd....sooooon. Ok, im confused by their website though...naji says his clutch is great. He has the street/strip disc and heavy duty pp, but i dont see a listing for street/strip. All i know is i want the heavy duty PP and i dont want a 6 puck clutch. i think what closest resembles that would be #NX9-HDSS...could someone clue me in here. I do the occasional Drag session, gonna start autoX and its a daily driver. TIA.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mel E Bog:
grrrrr... group deals always come when I'm broke... won't have money for another 2 weeks and in need of a clutch... oh well...

Mel
</font>
Well, I would set a date for sometime in the middle of May, maybe sooner. The more the better.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Hey I might be in considering when the deal comes together. My clutch is hurting

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Im trying to hold off spending the money, so it would have to be a good price.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, PS Short Shifter, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
Well, I would set a date for sometime in the middle of May, maybe sooner. The more the better.</font>
SOONER!!!!!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
hi , groupbuycenter has a gb on act clutches for 25%off list...which come out to be in the high 200's just for your info...kesi24

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Huh? An ACT clutch kit comes with PP, disc, TO Bearing, pilot bushing, alignment tool, and sticker (for the ricers
) No need to by a seperate tool

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

G

·
0 Posts
no these dont come with the alignment tool, thats prolly why they are all cheaper!

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Hmm, you're right, I just checked it out. Makes me wonder if this buy is legit 'cause I've done 5 cltuches (all ACT) so far and all the kits I've seen come with the tool. I'd start checking PNs and make sure there's nothing shady going on...

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I dont know what the rest of you want to do. I am going to go through my buddy. I owe him one anyways. Let me who wants me to order there clutch, if anyone does.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
Thats not a bad deal, but 320 should be the average price you'll find at any local shop and not have to wait for a group deal or pay shipping...

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kesi24:
hi , groupbuycenter has a gb on act clutches for 25%off list...which come out to be in the high 200's just for your info...kesi24</font>
Well, this sounds like a better deal, however, it is beyond my organizing skills to set something up through there. Anyone want to take the lead and go through groupbuycenter.com?

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts