SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Bro if you're going to rub it in, do it properly and give us some impressions and details man!!!!!!!!!!!

whats wrong with you!!!????? So how is it!!!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
oh, and how much!!!???? bling bling!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so how is it?
worth it! engine sounds livelier, and meaner, and that's just at a 65 to 70 mph freeway cruise. it also seems a LOT smoother accelerating;and easing off the gas pedal doesn't cause the engine to rock back as much on its mounts.
clutch pedal is slightly firmer than my old OEM (88k mi), but it actually feels easier to modulate. even w/ easy, break-in shifts, the clutch seems a little more eager to grab. getting into 1st and 2nd is a lot smoother, too. oh, yeah, put in an ES shifter bushing also, & almost all of the old spongy vagueness is gone;complements the courtesy ss well, IMHO.
and, hey, nice surprise: switching on the AC seems to "load" the engine less; at least, the pronounced jolt from before has been tamed.
chirp test: won't do it 'til she's broken-in, cap'n.
what's wrong with you?
i'm just REALLY happy the parts are finally on; getting the flywheel was a f-----g nightmare:3 weeks for ptuning.com to source the flywheel, and, once shipped, they overcharged me $40.00. and about a week and a half for fedex to deliver, because they didn't have the correct address.
oh, and how much?
$359, shipped. ptuning.com is in Manassas and i live in the area so i thought, hey, i'll get the flywheel in 3 days. WRONG!
the ACT clutch was around $260 from coximport.com. it can be had for less if you shop around at groupbuycenter.com. i found this company there, by the way, and coximport's customer service was great.

·
Registered
486 Posts
woah! a flywheel for only 350??? i thought the other flywheels were like 600 bucks, how much does it weigh??
also, how hard is the flywheel installation and the shifter bushing installations, can i do them myself???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts