SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put them in and wow! whole different feel all together. when starting the car it now goes like shiiing and then shifting is tricky. must press pedal hard to the floor to catch the gear. some times reverse grinds oh the sound kills me (hurts). I hope it will engage some what higher when the clutch breaks in.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">hope it will engage some what higher when the clutch breaks in. </font>
Mine was done yesterday with Ben and Ben helping. I moved the clutch lever with my left hand and then tightened the cable with my right so that it would grab higher. Just make sure that the clutch fully engages when your foot is off the pedal (ie, leave a little movement in the clutch lever)

I got the 9.5 lb flywheel and it is sweet!

[This message has been edited by jacen99SE (edited 07-23-2001).]

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
I did my setup too with act extreme pp and street disc and I must press the pedal fairly hard to the floor with the cable adjusted all the way for it to go into gear. My friend just did his and can't even get it in gear! i wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I have only heard of it happening on the extreme pp setups

------------------
98 200SX SE-R, CAI, AEBS Header, Greedy Exhaust, JWT Motor Mounts, Pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters Flywheel, JWT Computer,Bored Airflow Meter.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got together with some se-r's yester day 4 se-r's and one NX and some had act but all of them had a 2 inch wide by 3/16" inch thick washers from home depot put in the clutch cable right at the rubber part in the middle of the cable where that big black bracket is that the cable goes through. I just put 1 washer in and problem solved. perfect , pedal is just a little higher but still low to the floor for racing, and the gears all catch even reverse nice and smooth. play time in about 100 miles.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts