SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys. I have been having a bitch of time with my ACT. It engages off the floor. Fine. I have problems getting it into gear most of the time. Not fine. After extended driving, I can barely get it into gear. Anyone have any suggestions. I have had this problem since day 1. I have changed the clutch cable upon installation 6000 miles ago. I have had this problem since day one. No complaints as far as the clutch holding up under abuse. Please guys I need help.

------------------
98 200SX SE-R, CAI, Greedy Exhaust, JWT Motor Mounts, Pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters Flywheel, JWT Computer,Bored Airflow Meter.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
have you removed the little lock nut from the firewall side of the adjustment mechanism at the tranny? if not,do it! this gains you enough additional adjustment range on the cable to make things good.

Ric
97 se-r w/act clutch and locknut at forward end of clutch cable.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have this exact same problem! I am planning on putting some washers there so I can push the adjustment point a little higher!

------------------
http://www.sentra.net/solm/august01/louis.shtml

Louis Anaya

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R

349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb

12.0 @ 118.77

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This whole putting in washer business.....does that cause the cable to further stretch? Is that a safe practice? If it works then I'll try it.

------------------
98 200SX SE-R, CAI, Greedy Exhaust, JWT Motor Mounts, Pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters Flywheel, JWT Computer,Bored Airflow Meter.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
MarkSR20 had the same problem with his ACT in his old car. Jack Laverty adjusted his clutch to grab a little higher at the convention.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
egg-less
348 Posts
I know posted this to another thread, but it bears repeating. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!

OK, anyone with a new ACT clutch (sounds like there are a few of us), LISTEN UP!

I just did the washer in the big black rubber grommet trick, and BOY IS MY CAR FUN AGAIN! I have a temporary washer (cut from an old magnet sheet) in there now, cuz I could find a metal washer with a big enough hole. I have another idea that I am going to try tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works. If it does, it'll cost ya a quarter at Lowe's.

I thought about the concerns people had with stretching the cable. The way I see, you are adding maybe an 1/8 inch to the housing (effectively). Have you seen the thickness of that cable??? At the very worst, you are decreasing the amount of time it takes to wear out the clutch cable. After nine years, I'm only on my third and it takes maybe a half hour to replace?

NOW, QUIT COMPLAINING AND PUT THE DAMN WASHER IN THERE!!!! SHEESH, ALREADY!!!!

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I have planned to meet up another list member on Saturday. We will try it then. Keep your eyes on this post and I will tell you how it works out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts