SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you all think of the Act Xtreme PP with street disc. I am sizing up some prices for going turbo. I plan on making about 250 to the wheel max starting out and need a good clutch.

-saaby

G

·
0 Posts
get a 4 puck, give it like a week to get use to but it can take any power you give it! beat on it all day and still chirps in fourth! never gets hot. paid 300 for it

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
I have the ACT Xtreme with the street disc. I love it. And from what ACT lists it will hold more than the 4 puck.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr, I hate my 6-puck , wouldn't even imagine a 4 on the street, if you do much stop and start driving you will probably hate it (like I do) I am also going ACT PP with stock disc.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The Xtreme P/PL is NOT needed for any NA or low HP turbocharged vehicles. Jay Hassinger layed down 409 hp on a HD P/PL and ACT Street Disc. Ben Benavides layed down 420 hp with the HD P/PL and ACT 6 Puck! I personally would say it is WAY OVERKILL if you are not planning on making 350+ WHP!

------------------
http://members8.clubphoto.com/louis419830/439477/guest.phtml

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 12.0 @ 118.77, Bluebird SR20DET, T3/T04E, Deltagate Wastegate, FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, Autometer Shift Light, Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Yokohama 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24.5x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys are great. Thank you for responding.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by APEXSER:
The Xtreme P/PL is NOT needed for any NA or low HP turbocharged vehicles. Jay Hassinger layed down 409 hp on a HD P/PL and ACT Street Disc. Ben Benavides layed down 420 hp with the HD P/PL and ACT 6 Puck! I personally would say it is WAY OVERKILL if you are not planning on making 350+ WHP!

</font>
AHH, the voice of reason. Thanks. IF YOU ARE NA, YOU DO NOT NEED MORE THAN THE ACT HD PP AND THE STREET DISC. Everything else is overkill. The Xtreme is too hard for a daily driven car. I have one with the street disc, but I road race my car and have an AUTO G20 as a daily driver.

Just get the ACT HD PP+ACT Street Disc and you will be a happy camper.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm going with the HD PP and the Stock Disc from ACT. Only cause I know someone that has recommended it to me for street driving and occasional drag. With the aid of a flywheel he said things would get even better. But then again who has JUN money. If you guys are looking for ACT clutches there is a great group buy going on now with two vendors on www.groupbuycenter.com

Check it out

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER
http://photos.yahoo.com/nyceser

1 - 8 of 8 Posts