SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had trouble with ACT getting your parts. First time around they said I need NX3, then I got it (which took 3 weeks) and it was the wrong part. So anyway, I placed my order March 27,I believe, and still haven't seen it. What's the deal? Am I the exception?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, they have to build it. I waited about a month to get mine, but I did not order it straight through act though, I ordered mine through redline proformance out of washington state, really cool guys, and placed my order to act as soon as I called and had it drop shipped to my door. I would give them a call and see what is going on, they might have sent it ups ground to your house witch takes 3-7 bus. days. but once you get it in, you will love it

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
ACT is a company who makes aftermarket clutches

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the clutch is in. HOLY GEEZ!! This thing is sweet! I can spin 2nd, chirp 3rd, and a good shift spin 4th. The new pedal engagment area is a lot different. The old clutch was at the top, and now it's all the way at the bottom. It's so awesome tho. If I had to do the whole thing, the install myself, and everything I'd do it. I learned alot, and I used the same company. RX-7 shipped the clutch in two days, from Dallas to northern OK, so I was surprised. I had to lower my tire pressure so the tires don't hop. ONe thing that did surprise me was I recieved an Exedy disk, but when I called them they were very polite. They informed me that the buy the raw goods from Exedy, so cool.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ohhhhh, so your the one that ordered your clutch through rotary performance. cool guys, I am somewhat of a good friend of Trey Cobb. and if you do not break in your clutch properly, you will not be spinning your tires for much longer :) my clutch has been abused for about 9 months now and feels like the stock clutch again :-( or maybe my leg is getting stonger :) but break it in properly so it will last you a while.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
100 miles is all they told you? damn, I put around 600 on mine before I even though about dumping it (a little much, but hey, the better the break in, the longer it will last) I know that 99.9999999999999% of the clutches out there need a break in time of about 500 miles, unless it is an unsprung clutch, and then needs no break in time at all.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The longer you break in a clutch with heat cycling and surface mating the longer life you will get out of it. I have broken my street/strip clutch in progressively for about a thousand miles and have since put about 5000 miles on it and it is a total trooper. So far it has held an angry 15psi of boost in the SE-R with no signs of giving up. FYI that level is about twice the rated capacity.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
just as long as you are not hard on it constantly, you will be alright, but still not as good as you would be if you broke it in for a longer time period.

G

·
I'm just wondering, where can I get this act clutch...I still have the stock clutch on my car...and I will gladly to buy or look for a stronger clutch

G

·
I'm just wondering, where can I get this act clutch...I still have the stock clutch on my car...and I will gladly to buy or look for a stronger clutch

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I got mine through this place in washington called Redline Proformance. they have a link through se-r.net and I paid 280 for mine. some places charge upwards of 400 for theirs. these guys are pretty cool too, so I do not mind ordering from somewhere out of town.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts