SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ProjectSE-R:
Can anyone out there with knowledge or who is running this tell me exactly what parts are needed to complete the front upgrade? TIA!

</font>
Loaded calipers from an NX2K (Loaded means it's assembled with pads and has the torque member you will need installed and ready to bolt up) and NX2K rotors.

Just swap the rotors, and loaded calipers.

Done.

Makes a huge difference in braking.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thanks! Know any companies that make steel braided hoses for the front?

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
Thanks! Know any companies that make steel braided hoses for the front?</font>
Goodridge makes them. I think they're around $130 from JC Whitney.

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555, Arospeed Adjustable coilovers

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ok this may be a little ignorant as I do not Have an NX and dont know what they came with, but when looking for rotors, I come across those for cars with ABS and without. Is there a specific year and piece that I need to go with to make sure the rotors I end up with arent exactly like what I have on my 200?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Can anyone out there with knowledge or who is running this tell me exactly what parts are needed to complete the front upgrade? TIA!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, 91 Cams, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Call Brian at courtesy they usually have some kits in stock that have every thing you need to do the swap. I'm not shure about the price. :d

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Ok this may be a little ignorant as I do not Have an NX and dont know what they came with, but when looking for rotors, I come across those for cars with ABS and without. Is there a specific year and piece that I need to go with to make sure the rotors I end up with arent exactly like what I have on my 200?</font>
I say your best bet would be to order the rotors through www.nissanparts.cc or Courtesy Nissan. Nissanparts.cc has a parts database on their site so you could enter part numbers and get their prices on those parts. Here are the part numbers:

rotor 257x26mm: 40206-54C01
loaded calipers: 41001-54C03RE & 41011-54C03RE
brake hardware kit (shims): 41080-54C26

Or as an alternative, just get the rotors from Nissan and get the loaded calipers from an auto parts store like Napa, Pep Boys, etc. or an online store like carparts.com. Just remember to look for either SE-R and/or NX2000 JAPAN made regardless of ABS or no ABS. That's how to differentiate between the NX brakes and the SE-R brakes.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R (w/NX brakes)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thanks Andrew, that helps a bunch!

H

·
0 Posts
I'm going to sound like a moron here for a sec, so please bear with me.....I want a brake upgrade and was wondering if there was any way I could to a BIG upgrade to the front and use the stock front calipers and rotors for the back. Possible? Plausible? any info would be appreciated. BTW, aren't the stock rear rotors solid? That would be the main reason that I would do this. Ventilated rear discs. That would be cool. (no pun intended) TIA

------------------
-Andy Boyles
'95 200SX SE-R w/ goodies ;)

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I did this conversion earlier this year for $200 total.

Get loaded Wagner calipers for a Japanese-made NX2000 WITH ABS (nevermind if you don't have ABS, it doesn't matter.) from www.Carparts.com. The loaded calipers come with decent pads and the mounting bracket (important!!!). Use any coupons you can find. You'll pay $100 core charge, but you'll get that back when you return your stock calipers.

For rotors I called up Brake Parts Warehouse in Torrence, CA for some $30 Chinese rotors. Yes, they're OK to use. I race (not on the street, on a real race track!!!) with them. No problem.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

[This message has been edited by MaddMatt (edited 09-04-2001).]

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Oh, my $200 didn't include SS lines. Get Goodridge, avoid Russell.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hayabusaman:
I'm going to sound like a moron here for a sec, so please bear with me.....I want a brake upgrade and was wondering if there was any way I could to a BIG upgrade to the front and use the stock front calipers and rotors for the back. Possible? Plausible? any info would be appreciated. BTW, aren't the stock rear rotors solid? That would be the main reason that I would do this. Ventilated rear discs. That would be cool. (no pun intended) TIA
</font>
Nope... Front calipers and rotors will not work in the back. Torque member mounting points are different (AFAIK). In my opinion, I do not see *any* reason to upgrade the rear brakes, *unless* you're going with an upgrade larger than the NX brakes. The front brakes will be doing more of the braking than the rears. If you want to know of an upgrade, though, the rear calipers and rotors (redrilled to the correct bolt pattern) of a '95-'99 Maxima will work on your car, but it would suck to have the rear brakes lock up before the front. Also, the NX2000 comes with the same size rear brakes as the Sentra SE-R, anyway.

·
Registered
77 Posts
another reason the front calipers adn brakes wont work in the rear is because of the emergency brake cable. you would need to find a way to hook that up.

------------------
99 Sentra SE Limited: stillen intake, stillen exhaust, AD22VF calipers w/ x-drilled rotors

1 - 14 of 14 Posts