SR20 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
93W91SER said:
I wanna see some pics installed on a b13. I understand the concept, but I justa want to see it installed.
Chuck, we need an installed picture on a Cup car or an ITA car.;)

·
I Keep It Unique
2,423 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but couldnt you just flip the existing ball joint over and mount it to the underside of where it mounts to the hub instead of the top like stock?

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
sinistersntra91 said:
Excuse my ignorance but couldnt you just flip the existing ball joint over and mount it to the underside of where it mounts to the hub instead of the top like stock?
the tierod ends have a tapered seat in the steering knuckle.

think of it this way ...................... when you lower a car, you want to lower the pick-up points to put them back in roughly the same place.

-chuck

search "bumpsteer"

·
I Keep It Unique
2,423 Posts
Ok just asking sometimes pointing out the obvious which is often over looked is the answer but I guess not in this situation.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
ok
finally got these done!!!!!

the kits consist of a drop-in stud that allows mounting over/under the steering knuckle, adjusting spacers, locknut, rodend, jam nut and tierod to rodend coupler.

for most cars these will help bumpsteer issues by lowering the tierod piviot point.
they allow about 0"- 3/8" (from stock) adjustment mounted over the knuckle, and about 1 1/2" - 2" mounted under the knuckle.

these come real close to binding at full droop, but high mis-alignment rodends would have comprimised the ability to move the piviot point closer to the knuckle (where most cars would be using them).

IMPORTANT NOTE

these come very close to binding on a stock suspension!!!

how well these would suit your application i cannot predict

buyers assume all resposibility for fit, function, set-up and safety of this product.

$150 shipped ($25 discount for forum supporters)

e-mail orders to : [email protected]

when ordering include your name, address, ship address, telephone #, sr20forum user id, car year and model.

payment can be made by:

paypal id = [email protected]

money order =
chuck olcott
bolt in bars
5117 n 35th dr
phoenix az 85019

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
what's the degree range on those rodends?

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Now I just need to decide whether this will work with my setup. Nice work, very nice work.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Will these work on a B14? I have always understood the "frontends" were the same between B13 and B14.

Also, what kind of driving improvements do these provide for an autocrosser? I guess I understand the mechanical benefit, but I do not have the experience to imagine the practical gains that is must provide. Thank you

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
according to checker auto parts,
1995 - 1998 200SX
1987 - 1990 PULSAR NX
1989 - 1994 240SX
1986 - 2005 SENTRA
1996 - 2001 ALTIMA
1986 - 1989 STANZA

all use the same tierod end.

so i would say yes

as for how well these would suit your car ............................ it depends if you are experiencing bumpsteer problems and to what extent.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
these come very close to binding on a stock suspension!!!
This tendancy could be reduced using coned spacers.

You could also extend the range slightly by grinding down the edges of the steering knuckle where it impacts the rod end.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
all of the cone spacers i have seen have the same smallend diameter as the rodend ball face. cone spacers are better suited for use with 3 piece rodends, where the body would be binding in a clevis mount situation. a cone spacer is about a 1/4" thick. this would diminish the adjustable range as well as put the rod end in a position where bind wouldn't be a concern.

i chose to use a two piece rodend for this very reason.

·
G20.net member too!
158 Posts
Chuck, will these work on P10/P11's

·
Ego Destroyer On Board
613 Posts
interested in one set for my sentra, any possibility for maxima MY00 ??

I saw the list so my hopes are not so high, but heck I might try on my Maxima.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
ok i would like to try these out. Now the question is will it work on the RNN!4 chasis? Im leaning toward it will . But does anyone know for sure?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts