SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 'm gonna fix the hydraulic lifter in the intake side so while I'm at it, I was thinking on buying the adjustable cam sprockets just to pep it up a bit. Does anyone have them installed in their car?
What do you think about them?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
if you are going to keep the stock cams, get em and play around with em', but if you are going to get the JWT cams, I would not waste your money. they have tested, and tested the cam+cam gear combo and have had no power gain at all.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard the same thing. but I have the nissan motorsports cams for comp.vehicles. nismo sells the sprockets for these 120 $
I want to pep up the mid range a bit but the techs aren't too helpful. it's like " buy it and if it don't work, tough"!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, 120 bux is not going to kill you, if you want to be a test pig and get em' put on without cams and just the gears (and get it dyno tested) go for it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya oink oink!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
well if you're going to do cams sprockets. Just use one,for the intake. adjusting the exhaust cam won't do anything.
Also,keep in mind that adjustable cam sprockets don't make HP. They're just a tool for moving the power band around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts