SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I were getting ready to advance my timing, so he busted out the timing light and I started the car. We both looked and looked and looked but couldn't find the the spot that indicates Timing. Could someone help me and tell me where this thing is. I'll be going back over there Wednesday to get it done, but I would like to know where to look. I am using the procedure from http://www.sr20de.net/engine/about_timing.html

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; now raising funds for AGX's

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toddles82:
We both looked and looked and looked but couldn't find the the spot that indicates Timing. Could someone help me and tell me where this thing is</font>
If you look on the side of the engine with all your pulleys, look down at the one on the bottom, its pretty crammed in their. This is your crank pulley, the biggest one. On the top of the pulley, sticking out from the engine, is the little pointer, that indicates where your timing is at. Shine your timing light at that pointer and youll see the white lines. Your timing is prolly at 13 if stock. If looking at your engine with pulleys on left, you wanna rotate your distributor so it comes closer to you. Put it so the pointer is right before the closest line to the front of the engine. Thats 19 degrees, where youll get the most noticable difference!

------------------
Ryan Walsh...Hmmm, what should I buy with my $708 bucks from income tax returns?!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend and I advanced my timing to 17 last night. The reason we were having so much problems was because there are no white lines on that pull they look more like etchings or grooves on the edge of the pulley. Throttle response is better, and the butt dyno doesn't really work because it's kind of a head game. Well I did something to my car so it feels faster, but maybe it isn't you know? Just bringing my idle from 1300 to 800 feels better, and it does respone better, but accleration is undetermined.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; now raising funds for AGX's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts