SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some turbo Questions

I really don't understand this concept too much. If the A/R ratio describes an area ratio relative to the opening of the turbo to the general area inside the housing, how is it possible to have A/R change with wheel diameter? Does this happen? I'm guessing it does since there are different part numbers for different housings given for a different wheel. Lastly, has anyone ever mounted a T04S housing in the front of an SR, being mounted on a GTi-R manifold? Is it possible with enough grinding on the block? Or would I be better off getting a T04E housing cut for the wheel I'm going to be using. Nobody who runs a business who sells turbos has a clue to what I'm trying to get to. It's absolutely hilarious. Does Rob Cadle still cruise around here? Any other guru can explain this to me? Thanks in advance....

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
mounting anything other than a T2 flanged turbo on a GTi-R is a waste of time. Just get a log manifold for a T3 flanged turbo like you are discussing here. THen you will have plenty of room for it.

brent

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The turbo uses a HKS exhaust housing. .73 A/R HKS exhaust housing out of their GT lineup, which uses the T25 flange.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Chris, when i was looking at mounting the to4s housing i was going to have a machine shop angle the flange on the gtir housing, enough to fit. And if that didnt work i was going to try a custom radiator. There should be enough room the only thing i was worried about was the front motor mount.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, I was just concerned. If it comes down to it, I'll just get that dogbone mount. It might come down to a custom radiator too. The only problem is that the manifold/head is at Forrester Racing Heads. I'm not going to see it until June so since I was not going to be in a hurry to get it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts