SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS it possible to advance the timing without the use of the timing light??? If so, what is the procedure?? thanks in advance..

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoNx2000:
IS it possible to advance the timing without the use of the timing light??? If so, what is the procedure?? thanks in advance..

</font>
Get a timing light. You don't want to guess at it. Its not even a mod you will feel so don't be in a hurry to get it done.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i don't know about you, but i felt a difference. mike kojima dyno'ed his car after a timing advance and showed gains of 6hp.
you gotta get a timing light, tho.. i still need to advance mine on my NX. might do it today..

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
i don't know about you, but i felt a difference. mike kojima dyno'ed his car after a timing advance and showed gains of 6hp.
</font>
My butt dyno must not be as fine tuned as yours.
I didn't feel much from the Cold Air Intake eigher.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Originally posted by silversx:
</font>
My butt dyno must not be as fine tuned as yours.
I didn't feel much from the Cold Air Intake eigher.

u can feel a lot more tq with timing..and CAI!!

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies
http://www.geocities.com/averex2k/dennis/dennis.htm
Or Vist the Biggest Collection os SE-R's on the WEB: if you want you pic added, email me :)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1757993&a=13556536&f=0&sp=1&showall=true

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
I would make sure I get a timing light. I just did it on my Sentra SE last week. It is not a dramatic difference, but the car does feel more responsive, and it picks up speed faster when traveling at freeway speeds. Maybe the reason its not a big difference is because my factory setting was at 15 and I only advanced it to 17.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
4R3 J00 S4Y1NG 4H G0TZ UH B1G A55?!?!#%

M4H DYN0 W1LL R0Q J00R 5H1TSAQZ, FUQ3RZ!!!

STFU LAMERZ!$^

</AOL>

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
765 Posts
I advanced the timeing on my 95 last week.. STock it was around 13, and I put it up to 17.. felt a nice difference in throttle response and pickup.. definently a few HP's to be had from this mod

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, audio
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

G

·
0 Posts
My stock timing was at 16, and retarding it to 17 made me a difference. "Spools up" faster, more responsive.

------------------
Wheel gap is the enemy. "Silver" 2001 SE w/perf.pkg, PR CAI, Intrax.

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
4R3 J00 S4Y1NG 4H G0TZ UH B1G A55?!?!#%

M4H DYN0 W1LL R0Q J00R 5H1TSAQZ, FUQ3RZ!!!

STFU LAMERZ!$^

</AOL>

</font>
haha i remember when i thought i was cool on aol i useed to talk hack31sh people are still doing that? haha

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies
http://www.geocities.com/averex2k/dennis/dennis.htm
Or Vist the Biggest Collection os SE-R's on the WEB: if you want you pic added, email me :)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1757993&a=13556536&f=0&sp=1&showall=true

1 - 11 of 11 Posts