SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's a good question. I would say that whoever has more money in there setup would win. Everything else being equal from a stop the 240 would win and from a roll I don't know. The SEr's handle real good(I am still amazed at how my friends car handles) and the sentra may be lighter. But the 240 is rear so it may be easier to drive around a track. I don't know. Both are good cars.

------------------
Tony A.
AIM: TX180SX
"I ownz joo!!"

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
well, in any real drivers opinion, RWD is the superior setup! Get your hands on a miata if you can, that car is a blast to drive! Could use a bit more power though. But yeah, tail slides.....

Khiem

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I guess in the FWD vs. RWD nissan battle, RWD will still always win. Couple reasons, weight transfer for starters. RWD, the weights transfers to the drive wheels giving you more traction. FWD, weight transfers away reducing traction. And just the fact that you can stuff fatter tires under a 240 than an se-r.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Around a track the 240 will destroy the sentra, seriously destroy it. Between trying to control the power coming through the front wheels and stuggling with a significantly inferior chassis a heavily modified sentra will struggle to stay with even a midly modified 240sx. On the strip the 240sx has a traction advantage but it also has a significant weight disadvantage. If you want a 12 sec car the sentra will be cheaper to build, as you get quicker the advantage will move towards the 240.

G

·
i have a classic se-r going turbo soon, i have always like the 89 -90 240sx with the jdm front converstion.what is the pros and cons between a turboed se-r compared to a turbo 240 both with say t3/t40e setups?who would win a street batle,in and out of traffic so forth.i realy dont have experience driving a high powerd rwd car

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Sentra doesn't necessarily have an inferior chassis, I've seen some do great on the track. Another thing that everyone believes is that the Silvia is such a badass handling car. The Japanese like the Silvia because it's easy to control in a drift, it's one of the best car values, the parts are plentiful (like Civics here in N America), and they can't go wrong with an SR20. For pure handling the Japanese actually prefer RX-7s and S2000s.

Autocross - some tracks can be designed to favor the Sentra SE-R
Drag race - 240SX has the advantage
Track race - 240SX should have the advantage
Highway - the one with the better power/weight ratio, because it doesn't necessarily involve a "launch". Aerodynamics will play a role in this also. SE-R has the weight advantage, S13 has better coefficient of drag.

My posting doesn't help much, but it tries to dispel myths and misunderstandings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts