SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pâté Performance...
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll be storing my classic over the winter at my sister’s house in her car port. I want to put the car up on “blocks” to keep the tires from getting flat spots. I wont be able to get to the car much to drive it. Where is the best place to place the blocks under the car when keeping the car off the ground for an extended period of time? Any other storage advice would also be greatly appreciated.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
It would be good to keep the suspension loaded, with the weight on the tires. The best way to go about this is to get some old crappy rims and tires to throw on.

I washed mine, put it in the garage and put a car cover on it. I'm replacing the tires and engine first thing in the spring so I didnt take any precautions there.

·
I blame the internet
1,518 Posts
McCoy said:
Don't forget to put some 'stable' in the gas tank and store it with the tank full... this way you don't get water buildup from condensation.
excellent! usually people leave a little bit of fuel in or none. great job mccoy

·
Pâté Performance...
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FastNX said:
It would be good to keep the suspension loaded, with the weight on the tires. The best way to go about this is to get some old crappy rims and tires to throw on.
Why keep it loaded? I did hear about doing this before. The problem is I have the 11" FastBrakes kit on the car and most "crappy" rims don't fit! :mad:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dont worry about the tires getting a flat spot. they will round back out fine. Told this by a nissan tech.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Dont worry about the tires getting a flat spot. they will round back out fine. Told this by a nissan tech.
Just becuase they are a Nissan tech doesnt mean they know everything. A Nissan tech told me I was wasting my time advancing my timing, since it would automatically adjust itself back :rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
mn180drifter said:
Ok true, but he is a good friend of mine, has built several cars, and hlep countless people, with cars FAQs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts