SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i find a dealer that sells this header for my sentra se-r?...do they have a website??..phone #??...anything would be greatly helpful...
thanks..

G

·
0 Posts
SERboy, Group5 Motorsport, 8268 Miramar Road, San Diego, CA; (858)693-3278. I bought mine from them last summer; at the time AEBS headers were in stock and hotshot headers were not. Also, AEBS had just finished retrofitting the headers w/ EGR ports. Group5 was prompt in shipping; thorough in including the right hardware (a nut/plug for the AIV port, extra wire for the O2 sensor).
Go for it. It's not cheap, but it's worth it.Two tech-heads who have seen my header both said it was really nice and well-built (one of them is an old school V8 guy who makes custom headers).
Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by buttnugget (edited 01-07-2001).]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses, i think i will try to save up some $$ and get that header, i've seen it once an liked the way it was designed and looked...got one more question, does it hang down pretty low from the engine bay?

·
Registered
254 Posts
The primaries for cylinders 2 and 3 stack below 3 and 4 underneath the engine. This pair DOES sit lower than the front crossmember by 1-2 inches. My car is not lowered, and the primaries do not contact speedbumps, even the crazy "roadhumps" here in Conyers. As buttnugget said, the quality of manufacture is first rate - you will wish it were visible from outside the car once installed. As a side note, I can actually see the #2 and #3 primaries when approching my car from the front - kinda cool.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
It does hang kinda low, but it shouldn't really be a problem. A buddy has it on his sentra SE-R and he's going to weld a shield on the bottem of it to protect it. He drove without welding a shield without any problems.

G

·
0 Posts
my '94 Classic has Sportline springs and OEM wheels w/ 185/60's. I take it really easy on speed bumps and road dips;life w/ an AEBS header....Small price to pay for the cool things though- seeing the pipes bulging out underneath as one approaches the car; the gusto, the joie de vivre, of the engine singing at 4k-5k-6k RPM in 3rd gear....Save, sell something, but by all means, settle for nothing less.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what i was going to do was drop the front about 2 inches and keep the rear stock or raise it a couple of inches w/ coilovers so i'd have better traction and weight on my front tires...could it be possible??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are you going to drag race the car? If so, then they won't scrape and you may get better traction. For daily driving and all-around handling, not a good idea. You will be more prone to scrape, and more importantly, your car will understeer more. As a FWD, our weight bias is already over the front wheels. Increasing this bias may improve straight line traction/acceleration, but hinder maneuverability. Just something to consider...

CB

G

·
0 Posts
Boy, its a bunch of us southern rednecks here WOW. Hey Chris are there any SER clubs in the Atlanta area> I drive a 93 NX2K and am looking forward to modifing my car. What makes these headers so good; and roughly how much are they? Is there any place in GA that sells them?

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 93aztecnx2k:
Boy, its a bunch of us southern rednecks here WOW. Hey Chris are there any SER clubs in the Atlanta area> I drive a 93 NX2K and am looking forward to modifing my car. What makes these headers so good; and roughly how much are they? Is there any place in GA that sells them?</font>
NOPI is in atlanta, snellville, and a bunch of other GA locations. they suck, but they sell **** for our cars (93 nx2000)

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

G

·
0 Posts
Group5 was selling the headers for $450. I got mine for $468.75 w/ shipping fees and a $10-discount. At the time AEBS had just finished retro-fitting the hdrs w/ EGR ports.Also, the price for Hotshot hdrs went up from +\-$350 to +\-$450.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
How much of a HP gain do you get with the AEBS header? And does anybody know if they will be retrofitting the header for the AIV?

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
The hotshot gives you power over a broader rpm ranger than the AEBS. The AEBS gives more power in the upper rpm's but not as much in the lower rpms.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
It depends on what your car is going to be used for. If you're going to be road racing and auto crossing the AEBS is most likely the header to go with. For the street the hotshot might do you a little better because you don't lose as much in the low end. I'm no expert though, but thats what I know about both headers.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing and custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynamax super turbo muffler

1 - 20 of 33 Posts