SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i noticed that the jwt pop intake only costs like 150, but the aem is like 200+, which do you all think is better, power and sound. have there been any comparison tests or dynoes for either of them? links would be great, thnx

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would say AEM all the way! The power output was dynoed to be higher than both the Place Racing and Hotshot. I can't remember the exact number. It's in the se-r.net archives. The jwt pop gives you around 3 hp, where the AEM will give you around 8 I think. That may be reaching a little far.

For sound, the AEM should have a nice growl compared to the POP. I'd get one if the turbo wasn't in future plans and the the Charles River didn't flood so damn much!!

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
The POP charger is a complete waste of time. Don't get one. You're better off opening your airbox for free than spending $150 on some stupid cone filter :D....oh and BTW, definately get a CAI, best bang for the buck IMO.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Get the CAI! The JWT is a waste IMO. \Pick your poison as to the brand Hotshot, Place Racing and AEM are the big three. The AEM CAI does not accept the AEM bypass valve. Ludicrous, but true. The AEM unit is the only CAI that has been Dyno tuned. That accounts for the extra HP, or so I've been told.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
HELL, you can make a pop-filter from Homedepot for $10.
Or a PVC CAI for $24.95. :D :D
( them 3'' PVC elbows are a rip off at $4.50 each! ):D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Andrew said:
The AEM CAI does not accept the AEM bypass valve. Ludicrous, but true. The AEM unit is the only CAI that has been Dyno tuned.
What's the bypass valve for? If I get the AEM CAI, do I absolutely need it? -D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
kpw97 said:
I would say AEM all the way! The power output was dynoed to be higher than both the Place Racing and Hotshot. I can't remember the exact number. It's in the se-r.net archives. The jwt pop gives you around 3 hp, where the AEM will give you around 8 I think. That may be reaching a little far.

For sound, the AEM should have a nice growl compared to the POP. I'd get one if the turbo wasn't in future plans and the the Charles River didn't flood so damn much!!
Eh you wimp. ;)
I drove through that really huge thunderstorm we had, back in August. I was on the Esplinade playing softball and when it blew in I went home down Storrow Drive. Basically, the flooding was easy to avoid, but at the same time with a little caution, I got through. Just don't blow by a puddle at WOT and you should be ok. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Memorial Drive

Well, I was never all that worried about flooding until 2 weeks ago. That's when I drove on Memorial during that rain we got. The one part that dips down before Cambridge Side gallaria was flooded by the Charles. I wasn't sure if I was in my se-r or on a duck tour. I just let her coast through and prayed ;-)

225 whp matt!?!? You guys must have done some serious wrenching this weekend. haha

·
Registered
756 Posts
Storm88000 said:
The POP charger is a complete waste of time. Don't get one. You're better off opening your airbox for free than spending $150 on some stupid cone filter :D....oh and BTW, definately get a CAI, best bang for the buck IMO.

And the man speaketh the truth!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts