SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it took me 3 hours to put it in, but I finally did it. The reason that it took so long is probably because this is the first thing ive done to a car, not because its too difficult. For those of you who where wondering what you have to cut, you have pretty much enlarge the hole that the lower resonator goes through. you also have to cut a small amount of the battery tray. I guess water getting in the intake wont be a problem, the plastic inner wheel liner thing completly covers the filter, and its pretty high up. The car definatly felt like it had more power, but of course I cant compare this to a pr cai cuz iv never had one. This is my first mod. Eventually Ill go to the track and get my quarter mile time. Ill post that and by the end of the week ill try to post my pictures of the intake. How do I post Pictures? After driving with the intake on for about 20 min i popped my hood and felt the intake tube, it was still cool.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Send the pictures to me, I'll post them.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Here are the pics.

The intake looks good, but looks cramped compared to the PR and HS intakes. I would like to see a picture with the battery installed, and one on a low port motor. I love my HS intake, but some dyno testing might change my mind.

[This message has been edited by eric96ser (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I'm not sure about the SR20 intake, but I've put a AEM on an Integra, and it was very thin metal, I'm guessing aluminum. It didn't weigh anything. The entire intake weighed less than half of my HS intake. I don't know if this is a good thing, or a bad thing.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Subculture: The intake is made from light wieght aluminum. Yes they supplied the template. The black C shaped battery relocation bracket is used as the template. You can see it in the second picture, but its been unscrewed on one side in that pic. I used a jigsaw to cut the metal. I bought the intake from cox imports for 220 shipped.

jacen99SE: Yes I have the stock motor mounts. So far the bracket is fine, but of course its only been a few days.

The only problem I have expierenced so far is that my cold idle is a little rough. Im going to check all my hoses and make sure there on tight today, hopefully that will fix the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.