SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yes-Ser:
I was just on aem's website, and they say they have a cai for the "sentra se-r hi-port '89-'92" and for the "sentra se-r lo-port '93-'94". Is this just a typo?
www.aempower.com/air_induction_app.htm
</font>
No typo. Just came down on the SE-R list. Makes 4-6 more HP than Place or Hotshot CAI's.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
yes and no, that is a typo. AEM does make a CAI for us, but those years are off. There was no SE-R in '89 or '90 and the high port was in '93. The one for the '94 should fit the B14s. All you would need to do is make a hole for the AIT sensor.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slowSER:
No typo. Just came down on the SE-R list. Makes 4-6 more HP than Place or Hotshot CAI's.

</font>
why does it make 4-6 more HP than the PR/HS setup?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
why does it make 4-6 more HP than the PR/HS setup?
</font>
Dyno tuning.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yes-Ser:
Ok, Options Auto Salon has them for the lo-port for $324 and hi port for $301. Has anyone seen prices lower than this?</font>
Good lord thats a lot of cashola. I will stick with my PR intake thank you.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Wow $300 for an intake.. Anyone want to buy a Place Racing CAI for $150? LoL

[This message has been edited by Matt4Nissan (edited 09-04-2001).]

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If I don't have to enlarge that hole near the fender well, consider that my next mod for the trackslut.

--ATP
'93 trackslut
'98 slow street car

·
8,148 Posts
Well, I don't know how they did it but I am sure this is my next mod. Goodbye hybrid Place CAi. It will be up for sale soon. I would be asking like $125.00. Only is the Bypass Valve works with this new AEM intake will I buy it though.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
If there really is a 4-6hp increase of the AEM CAI over the HS CAI, then I will be getting one. Hell, I bought UR pulleys for $200 and you'd be lucky to see 4-6hp from just them. I'll be selling my HS CAI if the AEM is proven for sure.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Ok so since we all seem very interested in these new intakes. Do you think we could organize some sort of group buy? Maybe from AEM direct, to help get the word out about their new product?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, let's try to get a group buy going. I'm interested and have some extra money.

------------------
--Saving money and dreaming--
--99 SE-L 'bout stock
--TVR 2500M (being restored)

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
I would but id rather spend that money on a BOV! N.A. is not enough!!!

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
let me tell yal this ..thats bull ****.. if u see the 90 deg.. bends on aem.. they are not better.... made of cheaper smaller pipe i think 2 1/2 instead of pr/hs 3 inch.. i think they are fibbin... i saw on an a b15 2.0 and it has 2 sharp 90 deg bends

1 - 20 of 23 Posts