SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever looked into thos for you turbo guys?? my buddy on his gsx is running a AEM stand alone just wondering if anyone has ran it on here

·
B15 Bubble
608 Posts
Do they make a universal standalone? I thought that they mostly made pretuned/premade packages for certain cars like evos, supras, ect. Someone also told me that to run the AEM standalone it is $1600 just to get your foot in the door. That doesn't seem too bad now that I think about it, you would pay upwards of $3,000 for a TEC system.

·
Registered
803 Posts
1. AEM doesn't make anything application specific for the B13 or B14.
2. If you're going standalone you might as well get something for the ignition. IMHO it isn't worth it on our cars if you keep your distributor. Coil on plugs or a coil packs are the cats pajamas.

·
fabricator
841 Posts
it's not that bad. All you need to do is take the disc from the distributor and block off groups of slots, or cut a new one with fewer slots. Or just run a crank trigger wheel and sensor. I think it would be cleaner to use the stock pickup though; it is enclosed, accurate, and already attached to the motor :)

andris

·
fabricator
841 Posts
Thanks javier, that's exactly what I was talking about.. Am I remembering correctly that you had that laser cut? Or am I thinking of someone else...

andris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts