SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm down to about 20 days before I want this thing rolling. V6 Sentra project. All mechanical and general electric connections are just about done, just no management!

My current choice is running the AEM Universal EMS, coil-on-plug type b/c the VQ35 uses independent coils and there's nothing specifically available for the Maxima/Altima/350Z.

For anyone that's familiar with the system. What additional equipment will I need to wire the system up? I plan on running all lengths, hopefully with provided wires. I have all the sensors and pigtails in tact, same with wire definitions.

I also wish to have some sort of simple digital readout, similar to what I used to use with my stock ECU:

You know, various vitals, Oil temp/pressure, water temp, voltage, TPS, etc.

Also, how difficult is it to get a good base tune to get the car rolling. Although I'm not familiar with the AEM software, I know quite a bit about working with this type of program software.

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
you are going to have to talk to your tuner/AEM to make sure the proper base maps are loaded.

Typically you will get a wealth of base maps and you will be able to chose from. It looks like on mine i only have the inline motors from nissan loaded (RB, SR, KA)

If it's possible you will need to get the V6 maps on yours and start with maybe a N/A 300zx setting to get a baseline. But the AEM has an auto mapping feature that will keep you rolling once you get started.

You may also want to see about doing a MAP setup (if the new VG isn't already) because that will cut down on the MAF compatability problems that you will face.

Other than that you will have to consult your tuner once you wire up the ecu. The basic starting and idling stuff is just about the same for any car of your same engine configuration.

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH, yea, I'm definitely using a 1bar MAP, not MAF.

veilside180sx: where can I get one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts