SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.aerocharger.com/

I was farting around the maxima.org forums and someone mentioned this site. I've never seen any turbos like this before except for a variable vane turbo that came on old dodge turbos (which someone mentioned when I searched for this). This turbo looks optimal and if it would be possible to just get a turbo (instead of the kits that the site advertises) this seems like a solution.

Any help turbo experts?

·
Registered
803 Posts
This product has been around for awhile. There are kits, or where kits offered for the Mazda BP series of motors. From what I remember they weren't that great. Greddy's standard kit stayed popular. If you want some first hand experience, search a couple Miata sites.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
i know alot about this kit because they made a shitload of them for the ford focus. For the focus, the kit came with a shitty fuel management system (5th injector) and the turbo pretty much maxed out at 230whp. Also, the turbo was self oil cooled, meaning it didn't have to tap the block for a feed and then tap the oil pan for a return. You just had to change the oil in the turbo every xxxx miles. So basically what people did over on the focus forums was they used a new fuel management (new maf, larger injectors and a piggyback chip). Another thing is "Aerocharger Jim", the guy who makes these kits, is off doing a side job for the government and won't be going back to these for a while. I wouldn't reccomend the turbo they are using just because it maxes out REALLY quick for our cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts