SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hotshot gen3 and a 2.5 manderal exhaust into a 2.5inlet aerospeed straight through muffler(you can see right though it)and i noticed that it sounds like its got alot of water in it...could this muffler be restrictive and causing me to lose power??All the other classics and 200sx's i've heard have a nice rumble and it doesnt sound muffled..I dont know why mine sounds like that..

Tom

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
I too have a Aerospeed muffler.Mine has a 2.5 inlet and a 4" tip. It is sraight through and like yours. After reading a article that Mike K. did on mufflers he highly recommended the straight through type mufflers. I think you made the right choice.

Darren

------------------
91 Classic running 9.6's in 1/8 W/ Header& PR CAI

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
hey nismo, i have the same setup as you, but i don't hear anything but normal exhuast noise (for that type exhaust). everywhere i've read says don't go larger than 2.5" unless you're forcing induction or squeezin' a lot of juice. i don't see how our exhuast can be restrictive, 'cause we increased the path for crap to flow out of. when did this prob start?

stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
it's arospeed btw.

i have a tunable bomb, and i've had it for over a year. i don't have the problems you are talking about, in fact my car sounds the same as it did the day i had the muffler put on. the bomb one is the one that comes with the silencers, did you just buy one of their 90 dollar ones? even those have great build quality, though. i have a friend who has a honda civic dx with one and he hasn't waxed it once (it's been on for 2 years now) and the muffler doesn't have any rust on it. sounds great too, just it's louder than a mother. hehe

------------------

representing the plains with a slammed in door, but loud and fast, 1991 nissan sentra se-r, and now a sweet looking silver 1988 toyota celica gt-s with more show than go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts