SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any after market tail lights for the 200sx? Or any nice looking mods done to them?

·
Mr.200SX @ the dash
1,679 Posts
I painted mine all red. They look good to me and is very easy. You can find the paint on ebay or maybe walmart.

·
You got SERVE'd
113 Posts
Anyone have suggestions on painting the amber part or past exp? Color, brand, coats, ect. Also if anyone has done this to a set of 98's i'd like to see some pics before I even attempt. I'd plan on leaving the reverse light part clear.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I painted my 97' taillights red and cleared over them it was very simple all you need to buy is Transparent candy apple red model car spray paint it comes in those little spray paint cans you buy for model cars then just spray your lights and then clear over that easy as that.... Just make sure you get Transparent candy apple and not just regular candy apple.

Jason

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
killase-r said:
I painted my 97' taillights red and cleared over them it was very simple all you need to buy is Transparent candy apple red model car spray paint it comes in those little spray paint cans you buy for model cars then just spray your lights and then clear over that easy as that.... Just make sure you get Transparent candy apple and not just regular candy apple.

Jason
So you paint the outside lens? And this covers up the yellow portion? thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
470 Posts
This topic has been on here a couple of times man. No nobody makes them. Yes, you can customize them. 1 former se-r owner on here had his completely clear that he did himself & regretted it. Some just tint it however they want it or use some candy red paint & do it up.

·
Registered
566 Posts
97SE-R C2 said:
So you paint the outside lens? And this covers up the yellow portion? thanks for the advice.

yea its as simple as that ;)

·
fight on
473 Posts
i used red clear vinyl that i picked up off ebay. i put it on just like a sticker, hell of a lot easier than painting it. it cost me like 10 bucks with shipping.

·
You got SERVE'd
113 Posts

·
fight on
473 Posts
Tre` said:
So you just covered the amber part only with that? Oh, think this stuff will work --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2468784400&category=33716
Says you can custom order it too. I'm thinking two 13 x 3's would do nicely.
yea thats the stuff i used, just get some soap and water, spray the amber part, apply the sticker, i used a blowdryer to stretch it to fit the shape of the light, it was easy, then just trim the excess with an exacto knife. i wax it every once in a while to keep it shiny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts