SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order an Arospeed muffler from LMS motorsports, except they recieved the wrong in their shipment. The offered to give me the replacement, which was expensive, at the price of original. I decided to go for it. Look at this beast, I hope it fits under the apron.

Pretty crazy huh guys! A little ricey in my opinion, but, sometimes, it doesn't hurt to add a little rice to your diet.

Lyn

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bowlcut, I sense the Phear in your voice, it is well warrented, the dual pipes pull the exhuast gases apart and creat a vacume, that sucks air in the intake, supercharing my car, it will probably add like 300 HP, p43r3 /\/\y 313373 ride!

G

·
0 Posts
I have been waiting to see that muffler (or a similar one) on our cars! I have only seen a dual tip (or dual cans for that matter) on 1 200SX, and it didn't fit well, but the whole car was a piece anyways. I want pics as soon as its on! :)

------------------
1999 SE Limited JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Stillen Header (soon to be Hotshot)Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX 17 deg. timing

·
Registered
858 Posts
holy ****! where are you planning to put those puppies? in the rear middle or rear side? that's like 2 mufflers and what not." think it through before you do"!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
OMG!! That is big..(Sounds like something most women say to me) But how in world are you going to get those to fit. I know the Greddy Tip just makes it and I have that on my list. If you get those to fit please make a schematic on how you did it for the rest of the rice boys out there.

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
94 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lyn Labahn:
Bowlcut, I sense the Phear in your voice, it is well warrented,</font>
That's too funny...

I highly, highly doubt that those organ pipes will fit properly under the rear skirt of the bumper. The hole will have to be trimmed. My Flowmaster 50 series 3-chamber with 2" dual outlets (recommended for "Riceboys"/"Ricegirls" who like loud cars... had I only known before I purchased it...) barely lines up with the cut-out in the rear skirt. In fact, I adjusted the exhaust hangers a bit during an open track event, and ended up frying part of the rear skirt on my '91 SE-R. Judging by the picture, I'm certain that my muffler's outlets are more closely spaced than yours.

The more I look at it, the more it appears that your muffler is in fact two mufflers that became accidentally fused together, heh... It will certainly attract lots of attention, as well as complements from "Ricers!"

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pit_Viper:
That's too funny...

My Flowmaster 50 series 3-chamber with 2" dual outlets (recommended for "Riceboys"/"Ricegirls" who like loud cars... had I only known before I purchased it...)
</font>
I have the same thing except single outlet. I feel the same way "..only if I had known..." But really, I kinda think that it's not that much louder than most other stuff anyway. After I changed out the B-Pipe the sound actually became smoother and more bareable. I read alot of articles about how loud the Greddy,Stillen etc. is so I wonder......

Weird thing is, after I got the JWT ECU, my Dad swears that my car sounds smoother..!?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust
Short Shifter that's still too tall...
Other nifty items...

·
Registered
94 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Johnny GreenBack:
I have the same thing except single outlet. I feel the same way "..only if I had known..." But really, I kinda think that it's not that much louder than most other stuff anyway. After I changed out the B-Pipe the sound actually became smoother and more bareable. I read alot of articles about how loud the Greddy,Stillen etc. is so I wonder......

Weird thing is, after I got the JWT ECU, my Dad swears that my car sounds smoother..!?
</font>
I don't doubt that the tone changed after you swapped the B-pipe. After I swapped my Midas B-pipe out for a Bosal, the tone changed a bit (it actually became "tinny", louder, and a bit worse.)

Also, I have no tips (dual 2" tips extending from the back of the car would look too "ricey"), so the muffler doesn't extend beyond the rear bumper. That's also part of the interior noise level problem.

It's a strange muffler. The tone/timbre also changes a bit with the weather as well, I think. I'd replace it, but it's not worth the money right now - I can deal with the noise, I just don't like the fact that it completely ruins the "low-key" image of the car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Andy, you live in Wisconsin right? Why don't you come on over to the twin cities on Sat cruise nights and take a look first hand?

Redman, I am gonna put it in the stock location.

Nyce,I plan on docutmenting the whole thing with my digital camera, along with the install of my GC/AGX suspension, and Infinity Basslink.

Limited Slip, yes, people will live in it. It will have a small pack of midgets that have electronic mixers and turntables so that they can scratch and thump out custom tunes for me while I drive.

If it doesn't fit initially, I am just gonna try and make a template cutout, trace it, then massage with a Dremel, till it fits

Lyn

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andy, you live in Wisconsin right? Why don't you come on over to the twin cities on Sat cruise nights and take a look first hand?

Redman, I am gonna put it in the stock location.

Nyce,I plan on docutmenting the whole thing with my digital camera, along with the install of my GC/AGX suspension, and Infinity Basslink.

Limited Slip, yes, people will live in it. It will have a small pack of midgets that have electronic mixers and turntables so that they can scratch and thump out custom tunes for me while I drive.

If it doesn't fit initially, I am just gonna try and make a template cutout, trace it, then massage with a Dremel, till it fits

Lyn

·
Registered
441 Posts

BOOM BABY!!

-- Taken from Disney's "Emperor's New GrOoVe"

Hey Lyn,

I have got to see these grapfruit shooters installed.

LoL on the midget dj's!

------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

G

·
0 Posts
ARRGH! I was gonna stop up at the strip yesterday, but I just graduated from college, and went home to party instead! I am moving to Milwaukee on the 17th, so I won't get a chance to see them in person! Well, if you can get a snap shot of them, that would be cool!

------------------
1999 SE Limited JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Stillen Header (soon to be Hotshot)Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX 17 deg. timing

·
Registered
705 Posts
Well, i hate to burst your bubble, but that is prolly gonan be loud as hell, and annoyin as hell, lol. The mufflers are shorter then stock, and straight through, and the sounds have nowhere to go like in a muffler to get baffled, so its gonna be lizzzoouuddd...But, anywas, make sure you let us know, but im just telling you, it just LOOKS loud, lol.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the exhaust today, one word, AWESOME! Luckily it isn't quite as big as it looks. The tips are "only" three inches. I think it will fit under the car with minor trimming, I want to try and install it on the car this week or next. I will post pics of it all of course.

Lyn

1 - 20 of 20 Posts