SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
done, done, done, done, about 5 days ago. would have posted but having really bad back problems. have to go to an orthopedic surgon this week
anyways, I got the springs on monday from work, and got the struts on tuesday. come home from work and I am thinking "well, probably 2.5-3 hours to do this". get the wheel off and strut+ spring assy out and get the passenger side done in about 30 min. cool. do the drivers front and even with the impact, the bolt will not come off, so I had to get a drill, drill a hole through the whole strut, get a screwdriver and stick it through and good comes off. I am irritated by now b/c I have been working on my car for about 2 hours now and go to the backs. I do each side in about 30-40 min. each and it is about 11 pm now and have been working on it for about 3.5 hours and take it for a drive. get it about halfway down the street and bambambambambam. u-turn back to the garage. did not get the three strut bolts tight on top. I am happy now b/c that is what I heard. take it out agan, and is banging again. ****. take it back home, get the wheel off and look up in there, and put the upper strut mount on somewhat crooked and was banging against the inner fenderwell. pull it all apart and get it back together and cool. take it for a ride, and was nice, I was pissed and I had to wake up soon. drive to work the next day and am irritated still, but kinda get on it and am happy. mess with the settings after work a little bit and have found I like it set at 3 and 3. I got it aligned on friday, and surprisingly enough my alignment was not that bad, but is pretty good right now. I have -.10 degrees toe and -1.5 degrees camber right now and am happy. handles awesome and rides 10x better than it did before. sorry for the long post, but wanted to tell everything

·
Registered
194 Posts
Brian, what springs are you using with your AGX's? Or are you using the same ones as before?

I'm using suspension tech. springs with the AGX's. I found that it seems the car has less understeer when I run the AGX's double the setting of the front. For example...2fr/4rr.....3fr/6rr.

Oh, and when I'm roadracing on track days, I set it at 4fr/8rr. I like this setting alot. Funny thing is when I set the fronts to 4, it changes the steering response of the car. Like it takes more effort to turn, but at the same time it's more precise and direct, which I like too. But so far I really like dampers.

Did you remember to cut your bump stops in half? In front is really important, it gives us about another inch of suspension travel.

Hey, enjoy your new suspension, should add alot to the fun factor....handling + nitrous = big grins :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was using......... intrax springs, real ricy, but it was as low as I wanted it and did not know alot about wheel travel. I have the eibach pro kits on there now. and the bumpstops are cut about 1/4" to 3/8: in the front and the rear is left alone. and I do like the 4 setting in the front, but just a little rough, but will try your suggestion of doubling the #s. not that hard to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts