SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
nissan perfected V-tec
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased the rear set-up off a guy about a year ago for about 100 bucks. i decided to go with the full set-up, does anyone know where i can get the GC coilovers from? just the fronts, and i also wanted to know if that was the right path to go with. i know about the d2 (my brother is riding on them in his b13) but i really dont want to spend 1000 on a coilover. i was thinking just to finish off my set that i already have because i see people all the time talking about this is one of the best combos for the b13 chasis. thanx sr20CREW! :biggthump

·
nissan perfected V-tec
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's why you adjust them don't knock it till u try it, with 36 ways to aadjust them I think spring rate and dampning are one of em'
im looking for the cheap way out. im going to buy the d2's in about a year or so, after im done with my build. but for right now my car is in the paint shop than off to JMR for a little build, than im going to do my suspention and wheels, and axels, and all that good stuff after i re-couperate from all the money blown so far

·
nissan perfected V-tec
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
because i already have the AGX/GC set-up for the back of my car and all i need is a front set-up

·
nissan perfected V-tec
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fu*k it then get the front to match
thats what im trying to do, now i know i can get the AGX only fronts, but i cant seem to find the GC set up for only the front. does anyone know where i can get just the front GC set-up from?

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
call full throttle in queens they sell ksport 36 way adj. coilovers for 750

if u wanna get the best ride
You would not know the "best ride" if it bit you in the ass. :rolleyes:

Ksports are cheapo, poorly damped, at this point over-priced, bottom of the barrel, knock-off, coilovers.

cees said:
That's why you adjust them don't knock it till u try it, with 36 ways to aadjust them
One does not need to "try" every suspension out there before knocking them. That is ludicrous.

cees said:
I think spring rate and dampning are one of em'
"You think"?!?

Oh really? And just how to you "adjust" the spring rate? Is there a dial on the springs? :rolleyes:

Then again you also "think" you get the "best ride" from Ksports.

Wrong on both counts.

http://www.sr20forum.com/chassis-suspension/257710-b13-b14-suspension-same-diff.html

Just six (6) months (180 days...) ago you did not know the basic difference between the B13 and B14 suspensions. Now you want to act like an expert with your proclamation about the "best ride" from freakin" Ksports fer gawdsakes? Are you kidding?

Here's another example of your suspension expertise and input:
unijabnx200 said:
I dont have a comparison from OEM, but after going RM/AGX from Ksports, I love the RM/AGX for daily compared to the Ksports, but on the same note, the handling from the ksports was undeniable.
cees said:
i have heard the same bout the ksports..
Basically you "heard" that the Ksports are rougher on the street than the AGX/RM (or AGX/GC sleeves).

cees said:
it seems thats the way to go. im puttin on some agx's on my car this week but i got some B.S. ebay springs but hay its a daily driver and im not tryin to worry bout blowin a strut or gettin a headache drivin over bumps...but it is nice to have a stiff track suspension when your passanger has big boobs !!!lol *** think about what your usein your car for and do the suspension according to that.
Nothing like the opinion of a guy that buys "B.S. Ebay springs" and does not care about "blowin a strut or getting a headache drivin over bumps." Long as the titties shake, that must indicate you have a good suspension.

Yet, you have the balls to disagree with SER-ious Dino?!? Who knows ten times (10x) as much about suspensions as you?

All you have done in this thread is confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt your undeniable ignorance on our suspensions.

Do both the forum and yourself a favor, keep your mouth shut when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Nismo Inc. said:
because i see people all the time talking about this is one of the best combos for the b13 chasis.
It is not "one of the best" combos. However, it is certainly an acceptable, good quality, inexpensive, performance suspension, and should do you just fine. Depending on the spring rate (approx 300 front, 200 rear would be a good starting point) you choose (unless you get some of cees "magic adjustable springs") you will have a ride similar to the AGX/RM's or AGX/Hyperco set-ups, as long as you do NOT drop the car more than 1.5".

I'd rather have that "good quality, inexpensive" set-up than the Ksports (or D2, Megan, etc...) any day of the week.

Shawn B

·
sr20det inquirer
458 Posts
i purchased the rear set-up off a guy about a year ago for about 100 bucks. i decided to go with the full set-up, does anyone know where i can get the GC coilovers from? just the fronts, and i also wanted to know if that was the right path to go with. i know about the d2 (my brother is riding on them in his b13) but i really dont want to spend 1000 on a coilover. i was thinking just to finish off my set that i already have because i see people all the time talking about this is one of the best combos for the b13 chasis. thanx sr20CREW! :biggthump
you mean to tell me that you've been around this forum since 2006 and you haven't bothered to learn about the b13 suspension:confused:
using D2's......ORLY,REALLY??

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts

·
........p10........
131 Posts
Just to throw my 2 cents in. There are 2 different generation ksports. They are a local company here, and have made lots of improvements recently. They now offer different spring rates on request, and a couple p10/b14/nx guys here are running the new version for track duty. I know they are no longer affiliated with d2 or whatever manufacturer they were using before. The newer ksports have been tested by a local sr20 owner here to make sure they are up to par.

·
se-rious
792 Posts
Just to throw my 2 cents in. There are 2 different generation ksports. They are a local company here, and have made lots of improvements recently. They now offer different spring rates on request, and a couple p10/b14/nx guys here are running the new version for track duty. I know they are no longer affiliated with d2 or whatever manufacturer they were using before. The newer ksports have been tested by a local sr20 owner here to make sure they are up to par.
@blacksr20p10 not to knock you but i bet the roads in az are as smooth as glass out here in nyc the potholes are crazy and those ksports will blow asap

@NismO Inc. i would go with the agx and gc and when they blow cut them open and put in some konis will cost as much as some d2s (which is the same as ksport just differernt color) and will ride way better cause you will have more suspension travel btw i have the front gc coilovers pm if interested

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Just to throw my 2 cents in. There are 2 different generation ksports. They are a local company here, and have made lots of improvements recently. They now offer different spring rates on request, and a couple p10/b14/nx guys here are running the new version for track duty. I know they are no longer affiliated with d2 or whatever manufacturer they were using before.

The newer ksports have been tested by a local sr20 owner here to make sure they are up to par.
Who is the SR20 owner, what is his background in motorsports or engineering, and his level of real expertise? How did he "test" them? On a shock dyno? On a track? With instrumented testing? Link to the "new Ksports" web-site?

More information please.

·
........p10........
131 Posts
Who is the SR20 owner, what is his background in motorsports or engineering, and his level of real expertise? How did he "test" them? On a shock dyno? On a track? With instrumented testing? Link to the "new Ksports" web-site?

More information please.
He's the admin on g20.net goes by j0n or cavern. He runs hpde4 and does tech inspection for NASA. He was working with ksport personally to make sure they came out right. Took him about a year to get it right.

·
........p10........
131 Posts
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99675

1991 to 1996 Infiniti G20
P10 Chassis
$825 with free shipping, local pickup available within the Phoenix area.
(This is the lowest you will find anywhere INCLUDING shipping)

Option 1 -- 8kg Front / 7kg Rear (Track/Auto Cross Preferred)
Option 2 -- 6kg Front / 5kg Rear (Daily Driving/Lowering Preferred)

To order
480-446-8863 and mention G20.net
-or-
PM UMS Tuning

Warranty includes 1 year on housing, 2 years on strut.

Disclaimer: These are made to order, and may take up to 2 weeks depending on part availability.

After much, MUCH testing, abuse, tweaking, adjusting, and so forth, I'm VERY pleased to announce this suspension for the P10 chassis. I must clarify that while kSport have had a P10 chassis part-number for quite some time, I'm proud to announce that these combinations ordered through UMS Tuning will be up to par, stress tested, and designed to best fit your P10.

I announced to the sponsors section last year that I was working with a local company to test, refine, and ultimately sell a coilover system that:
  • Backs their products
  • Can be easily serviced
  • Has a comprehensive warranty
  • LISTENS to customer input
  • Supports local communities, local forums, small forums, etc
With that said, I turned to UMS Tuning for guidance. Anthony and Jeremy were very friendly and have been in the import community for many years and have built and worked on many magazine ready vehicles as well as Super Lap beasts. If you've ever read Modified Magazine, Super Street, and many other import magazines, chances are you've seen one of UMS Tuning's builds on the front cover. After reviewing several companies, JDM options, and custom builds, they offered kSport as a solution.

So you ask, sure they can build them, but can they drive them? Well, you be the judge, a picture can speak a thousand words:

EVO equipped with kSport Suspension​

Now we've all heard the horror stories regarding kSport's from years past, rumors of where they are made, their craftsmanship and so forth, so I decided to do some homework. Since these issues on their first gen Miata builds, they've since completely remade their brand and product. They've split off to their own factory, raised their quality checks, and demanded more as a manufacturer.

After seeing results for myself, reading many success stories, and actually riding in a few kSport equipped vehicle, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a set. That was May of 2009, and I've never looked back since. I drive my G20 hard, 2 track days a month, every month, daily driving and so forth, and this suspension keeps on surprising me.

Taken on 3/1/2010 on daily wheels/tires​

Tony and Jeremy over at UMS not only worked with me on acquiring, consulting and tweaking this suspension, they actually helped me install it as well as document the entire process. I'd like to say that I thought I was pretty thorough when it came down to installing suspension, but Tony blew me away with paying attention to every detail of the installation, setting height, preload, dampening and so forth.

Tony taking measurements of each corner, height and preload (take a peak in the background on picture 4, he he.​

As far as drivability, I've taken them through California and back several times, and I must say that they drive comfortably, even for the stiffer rates I run.

En Route to SpoCom 2009 in Long Beach, CA​

As far as trackability, well the next two videos should speak for themselves, a simple tire/wheel and pad swap and its on to the track for some hard and high speed cornering.

http://vimeo.com/8938558

http://vimeo.com/8943434

All in all I'm very pleased with how these have turned out, kSport has really stepped their product up in the past few years, so much so that I went out and bought a pair for my NX2000 through UMS as well, but that's another subject entirely. The folks at UMS Tuning have worked out a wonderful ON-GOING deal for this suspension, meaning that there is no group buys, no deposits, no waiting for product for months on end, no hassle. $825 is the cost shipped, no 'price is going up after X amount of months' or 'the price will be X amount with X amount of payments/buy-ins'.

Included within each set is brake line adapters, fittings, dampener adjusters, collar adjusters and so forth, everything needed to bolt right on to your P10 chassis!

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
All right sir. THAT is interesting as hell. Hyundai upped their car game over the last ten years. Certainly Ksport could have done the same with their suspension products.

I only know what you just showed me. However, you will get no disagreement with me on UMS and the Admin from G.20 having some rather serious experience and expertise. They are also upfront with the (previous...) issues with Ksport.

You also said that "NX" guys (on this SR20 forum?) are currently running these "New Ksports" on their vehicle (?).

Does that mean they have a current, available, off-the-shelf application for the B13? Does this only come from UMS or any Ksport dealer?

Are there"New" Ksports for the B14 or B15?

Now I will have to call UMS and probably update the Ksport section of the Suspension Thread pending further information.

Any other information or links you have would be great. Awesome information, thanks for your input and help.

Shawn B

·
........p10........
131 Posts
Well j0n has been secretly testing these coilovers over the last year, and just barely unveiled them a few weeks ago. He has some on his NX, and his buddy Justin has em on his b14. Justin is the guy who did the write up one of the 1st sr20ve swaps for Nissan performance magazine. I know j0n has went through GC/AGX > GC/Koni > Agility coils > Ksport so far on his p10.

If you want the newer Ksports I would talk with the guys at UMS tuning.

·
sr20det inquirer
458 Posts
any info on this for the b13 chassis will be awesome, glad they had good results on the p10

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.