SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't feel like looking through SE-R.net or the archives so I will ask on my own UBB and no one can tell me "check the archives" plus you folks like telling info :)

I got my BRIGHT RED AGX's in today and plan on installing everything Saturday morning. First question: I know how to do the front struts as I've done MacPherson's before, but looking at the rears in the box I'm like "Where is the lower spring seat???" I look in my Haynes manual and it doesn't give much help in terms of understanding this. I know what the upper part of the spring sits on, just what does the lower part sit on? Is the lower spring seat part of the axle or something?

Question 2: I have been told to user a setting of 1 for the front and 2 for the rear for normal driving and 2 front 4 rear for the track (from Naji). Is this generally agreed upon? If so, what in the heck are the 3rd and 4th settings in the front and the 5th thru 8th settings in the back for???

Question 3: My Pro Kits are this dull dark bluish color. Is that what everyone elses are? I will take lots of pictures and do a writeup btw

Question 4: I have heard thru the list that the "right side up" for the Pro Kits is with the writing on them upside down. Is this accurate?

Question 5: Bumpstop cutting- how much front and rear?

Question 6: Anybody got pictures of the assembly with AGXs/Pro Kits that I can drool over? :)

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Ben,

I have a full write-up on my site. Hope it answers the questions.
UR 4-Pulleys, Volk TE-37/Potenza RE-71 205/50ZR15.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I think all it is is a 17mm bolt for the back bottom (kinda like a shock) no big deal, alot easier than the front to do (no aligning of the axle, hub, ect.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I'm on crack about the rear spring seats. Guess my short look at the AGX's before I went to work was not good enough. The seat is on the strut. Duh.

So I find an alignment shop that will adjust my camber by using the slop in the upper strut mounting bolts, ask for 1 degree of negative camber and 1/32" toe? Is that what I want? If I want my tires to last as long as possible should I keep it at 0 toe? Does 1/32 really help handling that much?

Naji, how did you RSA's handle with these things? Were they woefully inadequate?

G

·
0 Posts
Dam, must be nice to already have your shocks, still haven't seen mine since they were shipped wed last week...hmmmm

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a B14. The B13's are supposedly on back order and that's why you haven't seen them yet. Sorry! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts