SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just purchased some used agxs and ground controls..........and i was just wondering ......should i be able to compress the front struts with my hands???? its hard to do it but i can compress them a bit

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not talking about compressing the springs......im asking if i should be able to compress the strut with my hands

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
Yes. The resistence is the nitrogen cap to keep the shock oil from foaming under heavy action, i.e. gas-filled, and the damping action itself. The strut should rebound by itself to full extension because of the nitrogen.

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should it rebound slowly????.....lol im a n00b.......when i push it down i can hear it like compressing......they dont really rebound all the way tho....and they go really slow???? i just wanna be sure they arent blown.......they look brand new

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
if it collapses by itself, youre screwed. so if you have to PULL it out, then youre no good. as long as it comes back out, youre find, i would think. are we talking like a cm or an inch?

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if i like hold it against the ground i can compress it all the way.....then it rebounds out like a few inches...then i hafta pull it the rest of the way

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
hmm...that does not sound too good. are you a big guy? put it on a higher setting. any difference?

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if when i compress all of them......they all rebound.....they just do it very slowly.....it this supposed to happen.......the fronts are set to 3 and the rears are set to 3

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Slow down. You keep making posts and then bitching when nobody replies within the hour.

Patience is a virtue.

Your struts sound in okay shape, from your description. If they failed to pop back up after being compressed, then they could be considered shot.

Put them on your car, lower it no more than 1" to keep what little suspension travel you have intact, and have fun.

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
StYLez Se-R said:
if i put the setting higher it gets a bit harder......im not that big.....bout 6'2 175 pounds
what greg says. i got this mental image of you compressing them with your heads, like each end in the palm of a hand. that would mean they are no good:)
as it is... you should be fine.

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i kno patience is a virtue......haha i dont have it......well when it comes to wasting money......aight from what u guys are saying it sounds like the struts are perfectly fine =) cant wait to get them installed

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
StYLez Se-R said:
if when i compress all of them......they all rebound.....they just do it very slowly.....it this supposed to happen.......the fronts are set to 3 and the rears are set to 3
Its supposed to be like that. Dont even worry about it. Now stop playing with the damn things and put them on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts