SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on what setting I should set AGX shocks with NeuSpeed Sportline springs? It's on a 98 Sentra SE. I use this car for daily driving and would like to have a ride that seems that my car isn't lowered.

Thanks Folks....=)

[This message has been edited by SR20DEpilot (edited 06-27-2001).]

G

·
I drive with 2 in front and 5 in the rear. However, I recently switched to 1 in front. I am running Eibach Sportlines which are too damn low anyways. (Getting ground controls soon hopefully)

------------------
1999 SE Limited: JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Hotshot header, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, 17 deg. timing
http://post.uwstout.edu/l/lilienthala/car.html

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SR20DEpilot:
Any suggestions on what setting I should set AGX shocks with NeuSpeed Sportline springs? It's on a 98 Sentra SE. I use this car for daily driving and would like to have a ride that seems that my car isn't lowered.
</font>

My suggestion would be for you to find some time and do some experimentation with the shock settings. Each of us who have AGX shocks can tell you what settings we have, however, they may or may not work for you (too harsh, too soft, etc.) It's a good thing that the AGX's are externally adjustable, making damping adjustments as quick as turning a screw and turning a dial. I say start with the exact middle settings for the shocks (which would be 2 in the front and 4 in the back), drive around and see how it feels. Turn them up and down until you find the setting that suits you best. All you need is time.

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
The problem with the Sportline springs it they lower our cars too much in the back. The front is OK though.

I have AGX's and Sportlines. I have noticed the following:

Best comfort settin - 2 and 3 - you would think 1 and 1 would be the best, but I've found the car becomes too bouncy.

Best handling (higher speeds) - 3 and 6. Don't ask me why but my car seems to do better in the turns on 3 and 6 rather than 4 and 8 which is what you would think.

Drag racing - 1 and 8

Auto-x (slower speeds) - 4 and 8

These are all in my opinion BTW.

------------------
Stormy
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys...

jacen99SE,

I'm not sure on what the spring rate is on Sportlines. Sorry man. But I did shave my bump stops though. =)

Storm88000,

I've noticed that most people seem to like the 2 to 3 setting. I do a lot of freeway driving and I think that I’ll just have to play around and find out.

4DR SE R,

Let me know on how the Ground Controls go. Good Luck.

RollcageSR20,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it and see how things go. I live around the San Francisco area and the roads around here are hell on my suspension. I’m just scared that if I have my AGX’s set too hard, my dentist is gonna hate me from all the chipped teeth I’ll get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is my first post, but I have been running AGX's in the front and rear for about 6 months now. I don't have Sportlines, I have Eibach Springs that were specifically designed for the AGX's and are great, if I have em set on 2/4 they ride smoother then stock ever did. I don't have the significant drop that sportlines do but it handles great/ I usually run a 3/6 which works well even in PA, for those that live here you know what I mean. But If I am doing extensive Highway traveling I change it to 1 and 3. Also I didn't cut the bushings at all I figured I didn't want to mess with that till I really got into now that I am on the list I can ask some people.

Gray 1999 Sentra SE w/ HS AI w/K&N air filter with the Stillen Velocity Stack, K&N breather, KYB AGX's F&R, AGX Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, Mobile 1 Synthetic, 19 Degrees, JWT Pressure Plate, JWT Clutch, JWT Flywheel, Hawk HP+ pads

[This message has been edited by 4Dr99SE (edited 07-11-2001).]

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
I recently upgraded my suspension to AGX/GC with the help of jacen99se and sakerocket. I chose to go with 350 in/lb in front and 300 in/lb in the rear. Let me just say that the ride is freakin' phenomenal. Going around curves makes my tires screech now since the suspension does not give anymore. I need to upgrade from the stock RS-A's. The car feels incredibly tight. I have plenty of suspension travel...I made sure I would since handling is more important than show to me anyway. I just wanted to say that you can't go wrong with this setup as it is said many times before.

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, KYB AGX/Ground Control 350 in/lb front 300 in/lb rear, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I recently upgraded my suspension to AGX/GC with the help of jacen99se and sakerocket. I chose to go with 350 in/lb in front and 300 in/lb in the rear. </font>
Now that you've had this for a couple days, how does the car ride on the highway (for comfort)? I already know how it rides in deserted rain-soaked parking lots, and it felt damn good. Lift and dive on acceleration and braking was much improved. My car feels so floaty now...

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
jason,
if you remember how it felt like driving on my street close to my apartment. Thats how the interstate feels like when you go over small curves in the road. On smooth roads, its like riding a train, solid. On the interstate, going over tar strips and such, I hear the change rattle in my ash tray. But its a cool feeling going over bumps and such and feeling them getting dissipated quickly. Overall, its VERY tolerable in my point of view.

-saaby

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
Hi Sabby and Jasen
I am a fellow list member who would like some help with the ground control
setup you have. I have several questions:
1-Do you have camber plates
2-How much did you lower the car w/the coilovers
3-Is there *any* clunking clicking banging noises when you drive the car?
4-Did you have problems getting the sleeve over the shock body and end up
trimming off a cicular looking dish that sits at the top of the shock body
right where the shaft exits the body?
5-Is the ride really that good?(general impressions)
6-When you place the order with GC did you need to specify anything special
to them like you were using agx shocks or anything like that?
7-Did you need a spring compressor?

The reason I am asking so many questions, is that I would like to try out the
combo but we did an instal on my friends 200sx and it was awful. He had the
camber plates, and he bought them used so I don't know if that increased the
problem but... We couldn't get the sleeve over the shock body and had to end
up trimming off that disc for it to slide over the body of the shock. (can't
remember if it was front or rear we had to do that to or both. The rubber
pieces they give you to slide around the body and put the sleeve around that,
we couldn't get that on properly either, it seemed like it was just too
thick. After the install there was the worst rattling sound coming from the
rear like we didn't tighten everything down. We eventually took them off
several days later and put on some H&R springs. Please please help me. Be as
detailed as you can and I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

------------------
98 200SX SE-R, CAI, AEBS Header, Greedy Exhaust, JWT Motor Mounts, Pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters Flywheel, JWT Computer,Bored Airflow Meter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts