SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What settings are you guys using on the AGX's. I am putting mine in tomorrow.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Depends.

For regular driving, usually 1 and 2 or occasionaly 2 and 3. There isn't all that much difference actually.

For the drag strip 1 and 8. Autocross 3 and 6/7. For road courses, of course 4 and 8.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
87 Posts
i dont have any on the front yet but i run 8 on the rear all the time i love having my suspention that stiff makes it over stear alittle on wet roads and apex breaking but i like that little bit of overstear make my drivng skills alittle better.
David

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm a bit suprised. Except for Madmoney those are "soft" settings. For me 2F / 4R. I'm thinking of 5 or 6 in the rear.

------------------
93 SE-R JWT S3 Cams, JWT ECU, JWT Pop-Charger, HS Header,RT Cat, HKS exhaust, Hypercoils, KYB-AGX, ST Sways, N-Tech Brace, Stillen STB, SMC SS.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
i have mine set @ 3F 6R for daily driving

·
Registered
174 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
That is super-damped for the street.

</font>
Yet another advantage to living in sunny Florida.
No frost heaved roads. Seriously 2F / 4R is close to sock dampening. It's my springs that make it a bit firm.

------------------
93 SE-R JWT S3 Cams, JWT ECU, JWT Pop-Charger, HS Header,RT Cat, HKS exhaust, Hypercoils, KYB-AGX, ST Sways, N-Tech Brace, Stillen STB, SMC SS.

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
What settings are you guys using on the AGX's. I am putting mine in tomorrow.</font>
I actually find 4 in the front to be quite nice on rough roads. It is stiff as hell though to push down when you are checking the shock stiffness. When I put it on 1 or 2 it is bouncy but firm.

Hell, maybe it is because they are new but 2 in the rear is friggin stiff. Imagine 8? Geesh!

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find I like 2F 2R

[This message has been edited by Pretty White (edited 09-25-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts