SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man what a ride. A couple people on the list have told me that it is not a very good idea to leave your AGX's on its stiffest setting wiht a soft spring like mine(sportlines), for risk of blowing the struts. I know what they mean when they explain to me, but for the first time since I got them, I felt like setting them to their max. Reason being-> I just recently got a new job, in NJ. The easiest way for me to get there is to take this one looooonngg, wiiiindddyy, faaassttt road the whooooolllle way. The road was just asking for me to take advantage of it. So I did, heh. needless to say, I make it to work quicker now, then i did my first week of working there. Im really not worried about blowing my struts wither, cuz with my new job I can afford Motivationals setup....BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
You're crazy...that motivational setup is like $1500 isnt it?

No thanks! $1500 can buy me UR pulleys, exhaust and an ECU and I'd be pulling low 14's in the 1/4

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at
Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Not to fun to hit a pot hole on a 90* corner on 4 and 8 doing 50 kmh i know that too well

·
Registered
424 Posts
Motivaltional has two setups. For $1500 they sell a full coil over kit w/shortened strut bodies. They also sell replacement shortened struts for the front and a modified spacer for the rear that restores shock travle to the stock specs. In about two weeks i'll be getting mine. I'll be sure to post the results.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI(soon to be installed), timing @ 17, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, KYB GR2's all around(soon to be replaced w/ Motivational fronts), APC Clear corners, and Focus short throw.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
You're crazy...that motivational setup is like $1500 isnt it?</font>
Yes... Quite cheaper than the two other coilover alternatives ([email protected]$1800, Truechoice Phase [email protected]$2100)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
No thanks! $1500 can buy me UR pulleys, exhaust and an ECU and I'd be pulling low 14's in the 1/4
</font>
Aww... But I like to use the steering wheel what was meant to be used for... steering (especially through corners.)
And the Motivational setup would really help, especially since it's a shortened strut giving you quite a bit of extra suspension travel which is what you would really need for ride comfort, and for road racing/autox purposes.

You're right though... for straight-line performance, you'd be better off with engine mods, but for road racing/autox, that suspension is going to get you farther than the extra 10-15hp you'd get from the mods you've listed.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
"What we have here is a malfunction between the driver seat and steering wheel."

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
BLEH! Unless you're rich just go with the AGX/Eibachs

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at

14's this season

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
</font>
I think you're rich... look at all the mods you've got on such a new car!

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
LOL, if I were rich, I would have a '97 BMW 328iC 5 speed turbocharged.

Almost all my mods on my 98 SE came from selling my '91 SE-R (I got $4800 for it) and threw like $2,000 into the 98 pretty quickly.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)

15.454 @ 88mph at

14's this season

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollcageSR20:
I think you're rich... look at all the mods you've got on such a new car!

</font>
Yeha, but go ahead and aski him how much money he presently has in his bank account!!! ha, gotcha Jord! Oh yeah, and the cams were paid for by his girlfriend! wish i had a girl that would od that.

------------------
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're crazy...that motivational setup is like $1500 isnt it?

</font>
Yes, DUH....... but ill take you in the twisties...its a trade off, besides, its not like i dont plan on also doing the engine mods also, you geek!

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

</font>
Yeah..if you wanna bottom out constantly like me and you both do, lol. better off savin up for the better stuff.

------------------

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
With prokits just cut all the donunts out of your bumpstops (at least in the rear like I did) and it's a great ride. Don't be afraid to do it! I have done it! It's ok

Ben
"yes, I'm a monkey. but you SHOULD trust me!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts