SR20 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody else has ran into this problem after installing AGXs. For some reason after installing my AGX's I keep getting clunking noises in the rear of my car. I know that it is the suspension because of my rear stut mount and my ground control top hat being ruined. The little circle openings at the top of the strut mount and the top hat being rubbed to a almost egg shape. The strut shaft was for some reason rubbing. This also cause for half of the strut shaft to wear away after a couple of months.I went ahead and replaced everything but its doing the same thing again. I noticed the main differnce after installing the new stuts was that the rubber bushing at the top of the stut wasn't being compressed by the nut at the top of the strut. I found some other bushings and washers to take up the slack but there is still some slack there. Would this lack of compression cause the strut to sit improperly and cause this abnormal wear? Im thinking by adding more washers or bushings to help take up the slack should take care of the problem but Im wondering if anybody else has had these problems. I installed all the components in the order they came off the original suspension. Thanks guys!

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (w/ a lil sumptin sumptin) photo viewable thanks to Chrissy!

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...yeah Im gonna take apart my rear suspension and double check to see if I got everything in the right order. Hopefully I put something in the wrong place cuz if everything is right...I've got a bigger problem then I thought....Thanks again!

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (w/ a lil sumptin sumptin) photo viewable thanks to Chrissy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.