SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a deer in my se-r over 1 year ago.
Ever since the front impact, (Not bad btw) the air bag light blinks.
No wierd successions just blinks.
So after unhbolting the battery wires to see if it would stop no dice.
So after over a year I want the blink blink gone (Not to mention that I want the air bag to work)
So,
I have been rather skeptical about messing around with the front end connectors as I dont want the bag to deploy, and was wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. Also, what to check before I get raped at the Stealership with a $70.00 charge for a diagnostic.
Thanks

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
bizz said:
I hit a deer in my se-r over 1 year ago.
Ever since the front impact, (Not bad btw) the air bag light blinks.
No wierd successions just blinks.
So after unhbolting the battery wires to see if it would stop no dice.
So after over a year I want the blink blink gone (Not to mention that I want the air bag to work)
So,
I have been rather skeptical about messing around with the front end connectors as I dont want the bag to deploy, and was wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. Also, what to check before I get raped at the Stealership with a $70.00 charge for a diagnostic.
Thanks
Sounds like you are in need of an air bag controller module. Find someone who is parting out a similar chassis SE-R or try a local or online junkyard and pick that up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You most likely do NOT need a new module. You can reset the system by doing a little trick with the driver's door switch. I'll have to find the page in the FSM but basically you just push the switch a few times within 7 seconds of turning the ignition key.

If after resetting, you still have the blinking, then you should think about further diagnosis and possible replacement parts.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Get Aair Of Needle Nose Pliars And Pop That Thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts