·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My baby is a 93

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
I do believe the drivers side airbag to be a standard option on all NX's ('91 to '93).

My NX2000 had one and it was a 1991.

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees, custom 2.25" Borla cat-back exhaust)

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoPC:
I do believe the drivers side airbag to be a standard option on all NX's ('91 to '93).

My NX2000 had one and it was a 1991.

</font>
But, it wasn't even an option on the Sentras untill 93? Thats kinda weird...I won'der if you could have special ordered it back in 92..........ponduring....

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
All NX's in this country had airbags. I've seen a few Canadian-spec ones without bags though.

Blair
91 NX2k hard top ( bagless, thanks to MOMO!!)
91 NX2k t-top ( with bag )

·
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blair:
All NX's in this country had airbags. I've seen a few Canadian-spec ones without bags though.

Blair
91 NX2k hard top ( bagless, thanks to MOMO!!)
91 NX2k t-top ( with bag )
</font>
Where are you from? It doesn't say in your profile...and where the hell did you get a car that was a hard top? I thought they only made those in Canada?

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Now its wrecked...
( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!

[This message has been edited by SENTRASER (edited 10-09-2001).]

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
ive seen q few hardtops in my day....although they are quite uncommon....

·
6,928 Posts
Do all the NX2000's have air bag? There is a 1991 NX1600 on ebay that has an air-bag...I'm just curious...because the Sentras didn't have the option for an air-bag untill 1993...how man of you NX owners have an air-bag in your car? Just doin a poll...thanks guys...

------------------

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:
Where are you from? It doesn't say in your profile...and where the hell did you get a car that was a hard top? I thought they only made those in Canada?
</font>
There were some made in the US in '91 and '92, although very rare. Most of them were bought up by SCCA Showroom Stock racers... Those bastards!

--Andrew Phan

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car is Metallic Ocean Blue 1993 Nissan NX 1600 Hard Top

·
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Subculture:
My '93 has an airbag. I'm glad it doesn't work though.

</font>
Doesn't work? Maybe you just didn't get a hard enough hit in the front to deploy it...or it wasn't a direct hit to the drivers side...??? The air bag didn't go off in my 93 SE-R...my ol' man said it was because it wasn't a hard enough hit and/or it wasn't directly to the drivers side..

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!

·
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Subculture:
I was involved in a frontal collision that caused the air bag sensor to take a direct hit!
http://www.sr20deforum.com/NonCGI/Forum3/HTML/000007.html

Damage was around $2500.00 to repair. Had the air bag deployed, my car would have been a total lose!

Turns out the sensor was defective.

</font>
Damn...that sucks...I seem to remember something about the air-bags and the seat-belts haveing a liftime warranty with Nissan? I may be wrong...

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:

</font>
I'm in Cleveland, Ohio. And mine was bought to be a showroom stock racer as most hardtops were. All the other ones I know of are too!!

Blair
not only are NX's rare but I have an even more rare one!! ( and one less rare one )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts