SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have really been getting into these forums lately and am ready to start getting a few bolt on mods for my girlfriends 98' 200SX SE. I am looking for suggestions for an air intake for the GA16DE engine. I would love a CAI but cannot compromise the drivability of the car (we go through wet seasons here in Kansas) so any air intake upgrade will have to do. Maybe one that has a place for the temp sensor? I really like the looks of the JWT POP but does it cause any problems to rig the sensor's position. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
sfhellwig

G

·
heres a link:

http://www.sentra.net/solm/

check out the bottom of the page for back issues and lots and lots of info!!!
Also check out Sport Compact Car Magazine. They are doing a Project GA16DE.

------------------
-3x CRX owner
-SE-R mods: "Home Depot" intake
-

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I really like the looks of the JWT POP but does it cause any problems to rig the sensor's position</font>
On the SR20, the temp sensor is only used at start-up. After that it is ignored. If the PRCAI didn't have a hole for it, I would have just zip-tied it out of the way.

I don't know if the GA16 is the same or not. Find somebody with a FSM.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey bro when I had my 1.6 I had the TPR cold air intake made for the 200sx on it and it made a big difference. In wet weather all I did was adapt the filter to the MAF and that was that. Never had any problems with any sensors.

------------------
92'XE/w-Primera swap
sleepr w/N20

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mean you disconnected the tube and just moved the filter back to the MAF? Sounds like a good fix but I'm not sure if my girlfriend will go for it since she would have to be able to do it when needed. But that definately could be an option. Thanks everyone for the advice on sensor placement.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Double thanks for the sentra network link. I knew it was there but had not had time to look around. The parts search is excellent and should give me a few options for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts