SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you see here, boys and girls, is an NX2000 center console in a 94 classic with airbag. Note that the rear of the original console has been left in place, and the NX piece suitably modified to clear it.

To those of you who said it couldn't be done 'cause of the airbag, I say this: NYAH NYAH!!

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
HS CAI, STB, NX console, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
Registered
723 Posts
that's it i'm buying one. i'm tired of resting my arm on the shoulder of the passenger's seat. more info about the console please.

also, what kinda knob is that?

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
I like the relocation of your battery. Behind the passenger seat. That would probably offset the driver weight to passenger perfectly. Are you going to put a box around it and vent it?

Jus' kiddin'! LMAO

Did you get a new battery?

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees, custom 2.25" Borla cat-back exhaust)

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Limited - that is an NX2000 center console, cut to fit the rear portion of the existing console, which I cut off and left there. I am planning to start a website soon and it will include a how-to.

The knob is a genuine AutoZone accessory, painted with Duplicolor Gunmetal #DSGM344. Cool, huh?

Nismo - the battery is new. With any luck I will have time today to install it in the trunk, after installing the Eibachs
I do have a box and a bunch of 2-gauge cable, just need to get terminals...

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Looks hella nice. only reason why i dont put one in is im so tall. The seat is all the way back and i figure it will rub like mad and end up looking ratty after a while. Didnt know there were issues with the airbag sensors, never thought of it actualy.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
NICE!!!!
I need one for my '94.

------------------

SmoothDaddyFig

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No buckle problems as of yet. (Knock on cheap wood veneer desk)

·
Registered
723 Posts
where did you get the console from? and for how much?

and is it actually supportive? with my seating positions the console would have to be around 6 inches from the top of the shifter thing for me to actualy be able to comfortably rest my arm on it...

and how much did the knob cost? i heard it was a real pain to remove the stock knob...hopw did that go?

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts

BOOOOOOYAAAAAH

hey stine, are you having problems with the seatbelt bukle rubbing on the console?
------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
------------------
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

[This message has been edited by Fast91SER (edited 10-20-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts