SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an alarm on their 200? Any tips as to which wires to tap into for the parking lights? I was thinking the wire that is bottom left of the hazard switch, the same one I used for the indiglo gauges. What about for the door locks? Anything else you guys can think of will help a lot, seeing how its about 90 degrees with 90% humidity here and I want to spend the least amount of time outside as possible tonight! TIA!

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
I used to be a installer for Circuit City and Good Guys back in the day. I've also installed a couple of alarms on my own 200's and the best thing to do is stop by one of you local Circut Citys or Good Guys and ask one of the installers in the back to check thier Computers and print you out a tech sheet. It'll tell you location and colors...be forwarned though..sometimes they can be wrong...just test with a multimeter before you start hooking up wires. I don't remember the wires of the top of my head anymore.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEY THANKS! That seems to be the best resolution yet. I have tried to decipher the mess of diagrams in the back of the Haynes manual and all I have accomplished is given myself a headache! Ill stop by Circuit City tomorrow and try this again!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> CAI, Cat Back, ST Shifter & Newest Hotshot Headers on the way!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 07-19-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts