SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, when I came out of my first class the building secratary was at the door and asking if I was there. Then she told me my car alarm was going off (must have been going off forever for them to track me down). So I go out and shut it off then re-arm it. All of a sudden it starts going off again all by itself. I ended up pulling the fuse. Any Ideas what the deal is (I hate electrical stuff). This is the stock alarm on a 200sx. Thanx guys.

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Although I'm not 100% sure about the 200sx's, most factory security systems use a CHEESY shock sensor. Lots of times they are the culprits. If you look under the dash, look for a small box attached to the steering column, probably tie wrapped. It would more than likely have either a small knob or hole in the box to adjust the sensitivity. It should have either 3 or 4 wires coming out of the side of it. Try unplugging it and see if that helps, if not let me know.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
The OE alarm does not have a shock sensor. The only way it will go off is if either door is opened, or the trunk or hood are opened. It should only go off for 60 seconds, so it sounds like you have a short somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts