SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
allmotorKA24DE
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work at a tire store and align my car about once a month, so i can do it whenever i want.....
is there any alignment other than the stock specifications for optimum handling??
or is the stock readings the best we can do??
(mainly asking in preperation for first auto-x.....really want to beat my civic/integra buddies!!)
TIA.

·
VE powered
556 Posts
thinnertenor said:
is there any alignment other than the stock specifications for optimum handling??
These are the alignment settings for my B13 SE-R:

Front Toe: 1/4" out
Front Camber: -2.5 deg
Front Caster: 2.5 deg

Rear Toe: zero
Rear Camber: -0.5 deg

Unless you have camber/caster plates and or crash bolts you're probably not able to get the camber/caster settings like me.

On an otherwise stock car that doubles as a daily driver I would run slight toe out in the front (probably 1/8") and as much neg camber in the front (should be able to get about -1.0 deg on a non adjustable stock-like suspension). With the rear I would go for exactly zero toe.

Steve

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
On an otherwise stock car that doubles as a daily driver I would run slight toe out in the front (probably 1/8") and as much neg camber in the front (should be able to get about -1.0 deg on a non adjustable stock-like suspension). With the rear I would go for exactly zero toe.
Has anyone ever tried slotting the holes on their stuts to get more negative camber?

·
allmotorKA24DE
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when you say 1/8" of toe....hmm.....my alignment machine measures in degrees....how does that translate????

·
Registered
708 Posts
FastNX said:
Has anyone ever tried slotting the holes on their stuts to get more negative camber?
If you use the GC Camber plate you do not need to slot the mounting holes. The camber is more limited by the small center hole in the strut tower. You are not allowed to enlarge this hole. I have been able to get 3.5 degrees negative with the GC Camber plates.

Art

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
Slotting is old hat, but illegal for anything SCCA offers. You're only allowed "factory tolerances".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts