SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me forever to find a place that would even touch an aftermarket suspension, but I got an alignment about a month ago. I just looked at my front tires yesterday, and my front passenger side tire is f*cked, the inner tread blocks are down to nothing, and all the other tires are fine. Aside from the alignment being out of wack (which is the obvious), could anything else contirbute? My car is lowered quite a bit, and I did have some negative camber put up front, but why only the one tire? Point out if i'm over looking something. Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The alignment was pretty bad off before hand, but I kept an eye on the tires. The place I got it done gave me a print out of the the specs and they seemed good. Maybe, the autoX I drove in about a month ago everything out of wack? I still don't understand why it's just the one tire.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump steer shouldn't effect one tire too much should it?

·
B14 type of guy
411 Posts
Ahh...this was happening to me as well when I had the B14 stocks on. My alignment was so bad, and I also kept an eye on the tires. But I only had the front driver side going bad towards the inside. I went to a shop that I know by my house and had it aligned. A little while later, it when off balance again. I asked guy at the shop why, and he told me that it could be my motor mounts making them go off balance. Which seems kind of true, because my whole car is vibrating, and ****. But, I'm just letting you that it happened to me also. I just got rims, and I am going to go to the same shop to get them aligned before it eats up my new tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts